56 mile charity bike ride done!!!

Options
Hi guys,
Today I feel great both physically and mentally. 5 months ago I was extremely overweight, unfit and even struggled to carry my baby daugther up the stairs.

Yesterday I completed a 56 mile charity bike ride up and down some very steep hills in the Scottish Highlands. I had been in training for this but had not even got close to riding for that amount of time. However I done it and today I feel fine, no muscle aches or anything. To top it off I managed to raise over £800 for Save the Children so feel really good about that as well

Just goes to show you that with a bit of determination you can achieve anything. In fact I am feeling so good that I will be back out exercising tonight playing football (soccer to our Amercians friends) with my mates.

Already deciding what my next test will be

Replies

• Slimat30
    Options
    Woohoo! That's amazing! Well done!!! Tour de France next? :wink:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, you've improved your fitness and generated some really good karma.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Excellent work.

Were you following a specific training plan up to the race or did you just wing it?
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Excellent work.

Were you following a specific training plan up to the race or did you just wing it?

Well done you! What an achievement. I am interested in your training too, I have planned to cycle 75 miles from London to Brighton next year and would love to know your regime?!
  • s_bell2012
    Options
    Excellent work.

Well done you! What an achievement. I am interested in your training too, I have planned to cycle 75 miles from London to Brighton next year and would love to know your regime?!

Yes I have a training plan. It's in word format, Happy to share with anyone that wants it
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Excellent work.

Yes I have a training plan. It's in word format, Happy to share with anyone that wants it

Fantastic work, really inspiring! I'm also looking at the potential of doing the London to Brigton next year lol. Would love to see your training plan too! AWESOME JOB!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Excellent work.

Cool, I will pm you my email address.
  • s_bell2012
    Options
    Excellent work.

Cool, I will pm you my email address.

No probs, anyone that wants it just PM me your mail address and I'll send it on
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!