4 minute workout, going to try it daily.

Options

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Suggested workout: 4 minutes a day, 28 minutes a week, 1456 minutes a year = 24.26 hours spent on exercising
    Traditional workout: 45 minutes 4 times a week, 180 minutes a week, 9360 minutes a year = 156 hours spent on exercising

Don't waste your time on fad diets and workouts, they don't work. After 6 months of wasting your time on this, an individual who started with you and followed a proper workout 4 times a week with a duration of 45 minutes and religiously counting calories will achieve her results about 6 times faster.

If you truly want this then you should embrace the lifestyle and kick it's *kitten*, don't make excuses or try short cuts
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I know I am quite blunt but I want to see you achieve your goals
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, agree with sick beard.
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A 40-60 minute run should burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories depending on your speed and % grade. It is impossible to burn that many calories in 4 minutes. The most calories you can burn in one minute is around 20. So burning the most amount of calories possible in a 60 minute run would be 1200 calories in an all out sprint, which no one can do. So in a 4 minute workout you can burn upwards of 300 calories a minute? I don't think so! This is a joke! Feel free to do it for a pick me up, but if you want to burn 1200 calories in 4 minutes, the only way that will happen is if you have a 4 minute grand mal siezure.
  • tigerpenguin
    tigerpenguin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm not just doing this, I run 5 miles 4 times a week and do abs class 3 times a week. Just wanted to add something that is quick and easy... easy-ish. Interested to see if it does increase my heart-rate during the day as I will be wearing my heart monitor.
  • tigerpenguin
    tigerpenguin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have also seen this article in several magazines/websites so I can't lie I'm super curious. If nothing comes of it all I can say I lost was 4 minutes in my day : )
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    All it is, is a 4 min bout of HIIT at very short rest times. Only worth it if you are very short of time and want to do SOMETHING for the day or as a quick HIIT after a short warm up before some actual HIIT or weights. It will definitely get your blood pumping for a couple of minutes, but as for elevated heart rate all day.... no way.