Ladies who lift, I need you!!

Options
I need a bit of help. I've just finished the first stage of new rules of lifting for women. It was great, looking forward to stage 2. But... I'm feeling a little jaded. My progress has been good, measurements have decreased. My long term plan is to decrease my fat percentage to low as poss. I'm about 26 % now. Im happy to carry on but sometimes I look down the path and think its such a long long road. I wonder if I'm setting myself unrealistic targets. The look I want to achieve is low fat, good muscle definition. I think female body builders look fantastic and eventually I would love to look like I actually know what I'm doing in the weights room and have a body to prove it too. Am I wanting too much and should I settle for slim and toned rather than fitness model definition? Ive always really admired muscle on a woman but I read so often that's it's ridiculously hard to gain unless your a freak of nature/ taking gear. Thoughts and any advice would be great thanks x

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You're not wanting too much! Your body will do whatever your willing to work for. Keep up the good work!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Maybe set yourself smaller goals to make it less daunting? A certain body fat percentage first, then lower, more definition and then start on building more muscle and gains?
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    hmmm yes maybe smaller targets may help...
  • MelodyAnn323
    MelodyAnn323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! Never settle. Life is too short! I have a similar goal eventually, but in order to stay focused I keep my eyes on my smaller goals and count them down one by one. I have a long way to go and you are closer than I am, so I KNOW you can do it! I am cheering you on! Finishing my last workout B of stage 1 today, then AMRAPS next week and a much anticipated break before Phase 2. We got this!
  • jesz124
    Options
    I did my A AMRAP today. Was quite interesting to go right back to starting weight. Felt very weird though after 2 months of trying to lift as heavy as poss!
  • jesz124
    Options
    bumpy bumpy