help

Options
I am going out tomorrow for lunch and the only places i can go are the fast food areas where is a place that is healthy and dont have a lot of calories since i am trying to lose weight for the military.:smile:

Replies

• bukozki
    Options
    Well, if you're already in the military then eat your way to freedom, worry about appearances later. If you're trying to get into the military, try not to get into the military.
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    If you have ever read the line of books, "Eat This, Not That" they show you how to make smarter choices at certain fast food joints.

Where are you going specifically and I can share with you what the book says since I own them...

:smile:
  • bukozki
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday has a salad bar, you can measure approximately what you're putting in and you can parse the ingredients out later for your food diary.
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Prepack stuff, fill up on veg and fruit before you go and youll probably not have much of an appetite for anything fatty.
    When i go to the cinema i go at about noon which is when id normally be eating lunch but since i was there with everyone eating sweets and popcorn and drinking coke i knew id be tempted to grab something from there, soo instead i bought a baton (small baguette) and i made myself a sandwich, and a bottle of water and sat there in the cinema eating my sandwich. That was the nicest sandwich ive had in a long time and im going to do that more often it was soo yummie :D
  • happy_bunny19
    Options
    well i am trying to get into the military since i am still in high school but in my senior and i live in the middle of no where(lol). i was told to lose about 80lbs. and tomorrow i have trip to a college and then we head back to school but the kids that have a vechile we can stop somewhere to eat but like i said all we have is fast food places. so see my problem :sad:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sure, we see your problem... areas are all different so look to see what is available to stop at and then go online and search for their menus and make a selection from there. (maybe make a second choice from an alternative if you have someone that may choose another spot). Just do your best - you can do it and you can do it wisely... we have faith in you. :bigsmile:
  • lgav23
    lgav23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you can find most fast food restaurant 's nutrional facts online to help you make the best choice. :wink:
  • ractayjon
    Options
    [
    I think those in the military are heros. Thank you for protecting me!
    As for fast food - Subway? Or a salad at Mc Donalds?