Best Protein Shake for Breakfast

Options
What protein shakes do you use? Which are the best and easiest for breakfast? I have used Weight and Inches with 29g of protein but I have to order online and they are quite expensive.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
TGIF

Replies

• danerrig
    Options
    I use a brand called "pure protein" I get it from Walmart and its only 19.88 It has 25G protein per scoop, only 140cals and 3 carbs! It really is a great shake. Out of all the ones I have tried this one fills me up the best and keeps me not hungry the longest. And the taste is great, I use the chocolate flavor and it taste like a milkshake! It is really great. Give it a try
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use muscletech (which I get at sams club) and like it. I also use shakeology. I have some recipes on my blog for protein powder if you are ever interested. http://fitandtoneforlife.blogspot.com
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The best one is the one that you'll actually drink and that will best help you meet your goals.

Personally, that's something from Optimum Nutrition for me - Gold Standard (chocolate mint) or Pro Complex (chocolate)
  • dannigirl1
    Options
    I drink Lean shakes, the pre-made ones. they come in a power from so you can make a smoothy with it and add fruits and stuff. they come in 3 flavors and are one of the more better tasting protein drinks.
  • nefbaker
    Options
    The best one is the one that you'll actually drink and that will best help you meet your goals.

Personally, that's something from Optimum Nutrition for me - Gold Standard (chocolate mint) or Pro Complex (chocolate)

This. I was using Herbalife. I'm now using GNC....I like the flavor and texture better - plus they have pre-made ones in pretty good flavors I can use for work or when I'm on call with the ambulance.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I prefer Xyngular's products. They have a powder called Lean. Tasty and low cal
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

This. I was using Herbalife. I'm now using GNC....I like the flavor and texture better - plus they have pre-made ones in pretty good flavors I can use for work or when I'm on call with the ambulance.

Their Amp 60 in chocolate is the best tasting stuff I've ever had... but holy damn is it expensive!!!!
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I use vitol egg white protein, 24g a scoop and I do 2 scoops, a cup of cold coffee, and a tablespoon of creamer. It is amazing in the morning!
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options

^^^^^ agree with this, i use the pro complex
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i love Myoplex Lite by EAS...

the Chocolate Fudge Ready to Drink are my favorite....i get a case of them (24) each month delivered from amazon.com for about $34...

ive tried lots of different protein powders/shakes but i found myself always coming back to this one...

best things about this shake...20g of protein, 4 grams of sugar, 5 grams of fiber and only 170 calories...

i use it as a recovery drink each day after my workout...it goes down easily, fills me up and all i have to do is grab it from the fridge, shake and drink...sometimes i like it icy so i put it in the freezer for 15 minutes after i shake it...
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    I use Leanfit, throw in a bunch of fruit (banana, strawberries, blueberries, blackberrries, peach, nectarine, kiwi, etc....), sometimes yogurt, and flax and cinnamon, and a dash of 1% milk for texture.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    This isn't necessarily breakfast but a shake I like on lifting days includes,

2 servings of dark chocolate almond milk (not as bad as it sounds)
    2 servings of whey from True Nutrition.Com
    1 serving of walnut oil
    1 serving of L-Leucine
  • mimiluci07
    Options
    i use the GNC lean shakes.... they taste good... only 170 cals.... and have 25 g of protein... and it fills me =) good luck
  • MKolek00
    MKolek00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We use Arbonne shakes. Vegan and really good. I was super skeptical at first, but I really enjoy them. I can easily go 4 hours afterwards without feeling hungry. Plus they are cheaper (almost half) as Beachbody or some of the other big names out there.

http://www.arbonne.com/HealthAndWellness/ArbonneEssentials/Fit/index.asp
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I use ON 100% Casein Chocolate for breakfast and evening. (Depending on calories left in the evening and what else I've had, etc.
    Have it on all-bran cereal in the morning instead of milk (not a massive amount more calories.)

Casein is 'slow release', so should be better to drip feed with protein, rather than a big hit with whey after a workout etc.

Also can be made into 'protein fluff' - 100m of milk, 1 serving of protein, crushed ice; mix with a blender for circa 1l of chocolate mouse.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I found the recipe online. It's called "TD's Rise and Shine Shake"

2 cups of orange juice
    2 scoops of portein powder
    1/4 cup Greek Yoghurt
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 banana

Blend for 30 seconds, and BOOM! Super yummy, very filling protein shake!

It's high in calories, so when I drink it, I usually have 1/2 a shake.
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I mostly use Top Care 100% whey protein that I get at my local Tops supermarket. One scoop of the chocolate is 110 calories and gives me 20g of protein. I get both the vanilla and the chocolate. I'm always looking for a good protein shake recipe, but my favorite so far is the Thin Mint Protein shake.
    1/4 cup white kidney beans (cannellini beans), 6 ice cubes, 3/4 capful mint extract (Don't use too much or it will taste really nasty), 2 packets Truvia (Optional --- I like mine on the sweet side), 1 tbs. cocoa powder, 1 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 3/4 cup almond milk. Just whip it up in the blender. It makes a pretty big and thick shake and it's only 185 calories, 4g fat, 23g carbs, 6g fiber, 24g protein and 175mg sodium.
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Whey Protein that I get at Walmart for $14.88 It has 140 calories, 7 carbs and 26 protein. I've heard a lot of people complaining about the taste/texture of protein shakes but this is the only one I've ever tried and I like it. I've tried the vanilla and strawberry flavors. I add fat free cottage cheese, berries and spinach to it in the blender. Delish and keeps me full past lunch.
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Love love love my Visalus shakes (online at www.countrygal.bodybyvi.com). Shake mix that tastes like cake mix. Then I add fruit - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc. I also make a great Cafe Mocha (shake mix, almond milk, cocoa, instant coffee, and french vanilla flavour mix). Hope you find what you're looking for.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian so I don't want anything with whey. I like:
    Sun Warrior
    Vega
    Shakeology