Newly Pregnant!

Options
SONIA820
SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
I was interested in finding some pregnant ladies (I am due May 2013) that have some like minded goals, to stay healthy and somewhat on track even though we will be gaining over the next few months!! My goals are to keep active, eating healthy and a BIG one is to keep logging!!! Anyone? :) Thanks!!!

Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say congratulations! I'm not pregnant but I'm here to try to get my body in shape to try for a family. I'd like to lose at least another 20 lbs before TTC. Hopefully I'll be joining you soon. :flowerforyou:
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I just want to say congrats!!! One of my mfp buddies used this during pregnancy and she has already lost all the baby weight and is back at goal. She inspired me and so I know you can use mfp as a tool for healthy weight gain during your pregnancy. How exciting!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the pregnancy
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the pregnancy! It's a good idea to keep logging in so it remains habit once your precious bundle of joy has made his/her debut. :)
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was interested in finding some pregnant ladies (I am due May 2013) that have some like minded goals, to stay healthy and somewhat on track even though we will be gaining over the next few months!! My goals are to keep active, eating healthy and a BIG one is to keep logging!!! Anyone? :) Thanks!!!

My friend Pregoosauresrex ( I know the spelling is WRONG ) but she is preggo. :) Go friend her! Tell her Fox Sent you! :D
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i'm pregnant as well and due in April, feel free to add me!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm due may 8th 2013... you can add me I had just hit the 50 lbs lost and was wanting to maintain since I'm still overweight
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS :D:flowerforyou:
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! :)
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are expecting in January. She's picked up about 13 pounds (doctor's tell her that's perfect for how far along she is) and I've lost about 20. :) It's been fun comparing our numbers.

Good luck to ya. Make sure you gain only what you (and your baby) need. Some women treat pregnancy as an excuse to pig out, which will make life harder after delivery.
  • sbernardini
    Options
    I am right there with you! Congratulations! :-) I'm also due in May 2013, and I definitely want to keep on a healthy track of good eating and exercise. LOL :-) I have been such a hungry, morning sick in the afternoon, beast lately I am for sure worried about gaining too much weight. My doctor said I should be good as long as my calorie intake is between 1600 and 2000 and obviously takes exercise into account, and MFP does help with that. It's a big calorie intake/change for me though so I'm a little freaked by it - lots of adjustments. We can do this!
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How exciting for you! My husband and I have just started trying for a baby. I am on here to be as healthy as possible for pregnancy. Good luck to you.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is actually my # 1 goal and reason for being on this site. I want a baby so bad!
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks you so much guys!! It has been a roller coaster for sure, because this little one just wasn't in my plans! We already have three boys (my oldest is my stepson and then my husband and I have two together) so I was pretty much thinking I was good to go! My youngest just turned four! With my other two pregnancy's I only gained 16 and 17lbs respectively but this little peanut has me so hungry that it's been hard to really pin down a good calorie intake so I just took myself up to maintenance. I have been so controlled in the decisions that I have made when it comes to food choices that I don't want to get discouraged because honestly eating has become a chore...nothing seems to fill me up longer then two hours! I have never been pregnant and UNDER 250lbs, so this experience will be much different for sure. Thanks again for all the support!!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi Sonia,

Congratulations! I'm due in May too, feel free to add me :)
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you ladies that are pregnant! I am currently trying to shed some weight before my husband and I start trying for baby #2. I think you are taking a step in the right direction - just don't get too caught up on the numbers on the scale - listen more to your doctor and by what he/she says is a good weight gain. Best of luck!! Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am due march 2013 and I am also looking for other expecting ladies! I will add some of you and feel free to add me if I haven't got you already
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :-) I am not pregnant, nor TTC but if I were to advise anything from my naive p.o.v I would suggest that you don't worry too much about the numbers on the scale as long as your doctor is happy but concentrate more on the calories going in, remember pregnant women only need the equivalent of 1 banana on top of your unpregnant nutritional needs (excluding those with other health issues/ requirements of course) if you are finding yourself hungry more often maybe you ought to look at what you are eating, is it foods that are nutrient dense or empty calories? what are you craving? could it be a sign that you need more of a particular vitamin/ mineral? or is it more of a psychological response, that your subconscious thinks, 'hey I'm pregnant, I can eat more now!' ?

anyway, like I said, im not pregnant nor TTC so I may be waaay off the mark here, but thought I would offer you my thoughts on the subject, in case I might be of help :-)

Take care of you and your little bun in the oven :-)