Daily Allowance

Options
The labels on foods are based on a 2,000 calorie day. If my daily allowance of calories is 1,300 then I'm going to assume my allowance on sodium and sugar are going to be much less than they would be on a 2,000 calorie allowance. Is there a chart somewhere on this site or how do I calculate my allowances across the board?

Replies

• freedMan
    Options
    You could simply do it mathematically... If a 2000 calorie diet lets you have 2500mg of sodium and you are eating 1300 calories, then...

2400 mg Sodium/2000 calories * 1300 calories = 1560mg of Sodium
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The great thing is, MFP has already figured these for you! If you go to Settings, you can click Diary Settings. From there you can change what is tracked in your food diary. It will display your alotment of sugar and sodium, and where you are for the day the same as with your calories. It's great!
  • mgodby86
    mgodby86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've wondered this before, too, and found the following website:

http://www.dietitian.com/calcbody.php

The whole website actually has a lot of great tools, but this one is particularly helpful.
  • misslibbyh
    misslibbyh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The great thing is, MFP has already figured these for you! If you go to Settings, you can click Diary Settings. From there you can change what is tracked in your food diary. It will display your alotment of sugar and sodium, and where you are for the day the same as with your calories. It's great!

Awesom!!! Thank you so much! Been going over on my sugars and didn't even know it. :embarassed: