Worse to be next to on a plane. Bad breath guy or

Options

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Bad BO anyone. Girl, guy, grandma, kid.....
    I can turn my head from bad breath....don't breath on your neighbor!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The pilot - who has just had a major heart attack....
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Could they possibly make those damn seats any smaller or closer together?

I cant stand the guy/girl/ thing, sitting next to me to be elbowing me in the ribs...keep your arms in your lap damn it.

Try 6'4" and not being able to sit in bulkhead or first class....then you get the inconsiderate jerkoffs that recline their seat.

My husband has the same issue. It totally sucks for tall people.

^this. Poor hubby is 6'4" and the jerkoff in front of him ALWAYS wants to put his seat back, always. So hubby cant have the tray down when we eat/snack/drink and his knees have to be open into the seats/aisle next to him because with the seat back, his legs wont fit behind just his seat.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

I cant stand the guy/girl/ thing, sitting next to me to be elbowing me in the ribs...keep your arms in your lap damn it.

Try 6'4" and not being able to sit in bulkhead or first class....then you get the inconsiderate jerkoffs that recline their seat.

6'4" would be a cake walk. Try 6'11", if I don't get the emergency seat it is pretty miserable.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    They're all bad!

On a recent flight back from Paris I was sitting next to elderly Lebonese woman who didn't speak English, would mumble things I couldn't understand and got up every 40 minutes to use the bathroom. That's fine, except she would completely cover herself in ROSE oil. Old lady rose oil. I couldn't smell or taste anything else for about 6 hours.
  • deadlights
    Options

This. I wish there were special "18 and over only" flights.

^^^
    THIS
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When I was 15, I flew out to visit my dad in New Mexico and sat next to someone who told me as soon as they sat down that they had too much to drink and felt like they were going to be sick. She spent the whole flight clutching a barf bag and as soon as we touched down she started throwing up. It was awful! I'll never forget that flight ... ICK!
  • hunlun1
    hunlun1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    going4lean=BO means body odor. Smelly. Like needs a bath with some dial soap.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'd have to vote BO guy.

Granted, worse than those two is the person of any size who suddenly things every arm rest in your seating row is open season. Give some freakin' space, people!
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Both would be terrible...but I think sitting next to a baby or toddler is the worst.

I sat next to a hick trucker guy once on a flight...I mean he literally was missing his front teeth and wearing dirty jeans and a camo hat and told me all about his "old lady" and his truck driving experiences. He was nice though and not smelly, but he was watching a movie with the volume way up on his laptop, which was irritating.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    On a flight from Australia to the US - so SUPER long flight - the person behind us stuck their nasty bare feet between our seats. We had to put the armrest up to block their feet from touching us! How gross and RUDE!

Edited to add - I'm not even one of those anti-feet people at all, but a stranger's bare foot on my arm is wrong.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sit next to anything that smells, not old enough to drink or spills over their seat. Inadvertently, I always get the spiller and the screamer in close proximity,
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

6'4" would be a cake walk. Try 6'11", if I don't get the emergency seat it is pretty miserable.

Damn...that would really really suck.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My worst seatmates are men or women who:

1) Take up my space
    2) Put armrest down and then hog it
    3) Keep window shade open under all conditions
    4) Reclines seat into my knees.. hard. I'm only 5'11" and 165 so it's not like I'm huge. Airlines shouldn't let
    these things go back anyway. There's no room.
    5) Won't shutup when I'm clearly not interested in talking to them.
    6) Make everyone wait while they take their good old time putting luggage in or taking down from the overhead compartment.

I'm actually okay with crying babies. Babies cry, that's life.
    I've flown a lot and never sat next to someone with noticeable B.O... and yes I shower daily!
  • TonkaDanteFriend
    TonkaDanteFriend Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tall people are probably the worst people to sit next to unless we're in an emergency exit row. I'm 6'6" and I'm pretty much going to spill over into your leg space whether either of us like it or not, especially if the person in front reclines.
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Creepy guy who ignored my headphones and book to hit on me for 3.5 hours. I swear he was a serial killer and probably had a body in his checked luggage. At one point he said, "You have really pretty skin." Silence of the Lambs?
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Never been on a plane, but I was once on an international train (4 hour train ride) and the guy that sat next to me annoyed me beyond belief. One of those self-involved, italian leather shoes, long black coat, elderly business men, who should be annoying people in 1st class.

First of all he had just smoked a cigar, so he STUNK. Thanks a-hole, I have asthma. Made my clothes smell too.
    He was really big, so he took up more space of MY seat than I did. I was completely wedged in a corner, couldn't even look around me (off course with my luck, I was in the only seat without a window). He kept nudging and poking me in my ribs to move over even further. Not even possible, I was already being flattened between him and the wall.

And then he went and read a big newspaper and his arm was -literally- just an inch away, right in front of my face.
    A couple of hours in he ate a rank sandwich, that really smelled of dead fish (on a train? Really?)
    He kept coughing the entire time as well.
    And when he had to get off the train, he couldn't even be arsed to put his table back up. He was actually struggling to get out of his seat, because his table was down, but does he bother to put it up? No!

I was incredibly annoyed at him and basically wanted to strangle him.
    And the trouble with an international train in Europe is that you don't even know what language you're supposed to swear at him in.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    People need to not be able to recline. I don't recline because I know it's not comfortable for people behind me. That's just me though. My legs are longer and my knees are almost up against the seat so when someone reclines I feel like my knees are in their back.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Just people in general.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    My worse experience I ended up sitting mostly on the wall of the plane instead of my window seat. The person next to me took up her entire seat and about 3/4 of mine. She didn't even bother to try and move to give me a little more space. The bad part was the plane was full and there was no where for me (or her) to move to. Thankfully it was a very short flight and Northwest upgraded me to first class on the next flight. Ahhhh, free vodka & cranberry & I felt much better.