Biggest Loser Trainer Sued

Options
I just read this article today. Jillian Michaels is being sued. The law suit is in regards to false claims about how effective her diet pills are.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35334490/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    People sue way too easily these days.
  • kenya84
    Options
    i read the article too! Apparently this lady was under the impression that she can eat chocolate cake everyday and take this pill and still loose weight! The bottle clearly says results are not typical use in conjunction with exercise and a balanced diet.

If this person wins that is going to be ridiculous!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    It would be so sad if the lady did win. I read the article and had to laugh. Then I just had to ask WHY? I remember a lady sueing McDonalds once because the pickle in her burger was too hot and burned her lip.
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    I doubt she'll win, they have disclaimers all over those things. Plus how can she prove she was eating sensibly. Like kenya84 said, you can't take a diet pill and chase it down with a chocolate cake and expect to lose any weight.
    Diet aids are just that aids, not magic pills. The individual is still responsible for what they choose to eat.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I agree with the rest of you.

This is ridiculous. People need to be accountable for their actions. Losing weight certainly isn't easy because if it was, we'd all be at our goal weight by now I'm sure! It's 90% what you put in and the choices you make that will determine your success.
  • rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    This woman needs to take responsibility for herself and her weight issues. Everyone knows you can't just take a pill and lose tons of weight unless you're taking amphetamines or something similar. HOLY *kitten*, BATMAN, why do people sue for such silly crap? WE HATE HER! Hehe.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I read a story about that and they said that the suit has no merit because it isn't affiliated with the Biggest Loser, and she failed to follow the guidleines provided ON THE BOTTLE. But hey - everyone wants to blame someone, right?
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    People should be accountable...but, what about the lawyer representing??? Seriously:noway:
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    I totally agree...people need to be responsible for their own action. There is no MAGIC pill. I actually was very shocked when I even saw that she had a "diet pill" on the market. I really beleived that she focused on diet and exercise and not using other methods (i.e diet pills) for successful weight loss. I doubt she will win, because it does have disclaimer on the bottle as does any other diet pill out there.

Some people just have to make an issue. She probably had the hot pickle and the HOT coffee at McDonald's too! :laugh:
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This situation makes me so mad. I hate when people dont take responsibility for their own actions.

First off, if you dont like the pill, you call customer service & get your $40 for the bottle back. You dont SUE the company. She is digging herself deeper. Shes going to end up spending $1000's on lawyers, and going to lose regardless. In the end, she will hopefully realize and think was all this worth $40 bottle of diet pills?...If there were a magic pill that you could take and lose weight without working out...gyms, gym machines, and trainers would be out of jobs in a flash, because everyone would be taking this "special pill". If only there were such a thing. She is lazy. Plain and Simple.

Is she really that idiotic? It is simple logic...you sit and eat a 2000 cal cake..then take the pill...your weight will not shed off!! Whats going to burn off the weight? Every single person on this site and anyone else in the world who has weight issues, has no one to blame but themselves, unless its a health or mental issue. Period. She is no different than any of us who are doing things the right way and taking control of our lives.

Whats next, is she going to sue God for "making her this way"?. Unbelievable. hahaha...shes making a fool of herself.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if they had these court sessions aired on t.v...i could just imagine the way Jillian is reacting to all this bull crap! I sure as hell know, I would never go up against her in ANYTHING..shes one tough intimidating cookie!
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    hahaha i just found this...

2000, Cleanthi Peters sued Universal Studios for $15,000. She claimed to have suffered extreme fear, mental anguish, and emotional distress due to visiting Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights haunted house, which she said was too scary.

&

2005, Austin Aitken sued NBC for $2.5 million. He claimed that an episode of “Fear Factor” caused him “suffering, injury, and great pain.” He said that watching the contestants eat rats on television made him dizzy and light-headed, causing him to vomit and run into a doorway. He judge said the case was frivolous and threw it out.

I dont know which lawsuit is worse?

hahaha I cant believe people..what has this world come to?

Jillian has this in the bag...sorry lazy Christie Christihen..choke on a pill. -- harsh, but o well.
  • fozzy33
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian...she is one of the biggest reason's I got up off my couch and decided to do something about myself. Last season on Biggest Loser when she had a 425lb woman on a treadmill screaming at her....and the woman was doing it...something snapped in my head and I thought if she can do this at 425lb so can I.....

Plain and Simple...her workouts....work. I have 30 day Shred, Biggest Loser PowerSculpt DVD's and I have both her wii fitness games...if it was not for her books, tools, and just being an inspiration I dont think I would be at the point I am at.

I follow her on twitter, and I got the courage to send her a message and tell her thank you for the movitation...she responded to me and said I had made her day. She really seems like a genuine person and that she cares about everyone....

I do not believe in fad diets nor do I believe in magic cures or diet pills....with that being said...I did purchcase her 14 day cleanse and burn...and the only reason I did was for the cleanse. It contains no laxatives or chemicals. Do I expect to lose weight from it...no. Did I buy it to lose weight? No. I purchased it to give my system a healthy cleanse without chemicals. And after the cleanse system its a week of probiotic replenishment.

I never once believed she marketed these products for a cure all, if you have read any of her books she is very big on herb based supplements to help assist you. No way has she ever marketed to be a "cure all" to me.

I hope this lawsuit gets thrown out the window, if it smells like crap it probably is...

Michelle
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    hahaha i just found this...

2000, Cleanthi Peters sued Universal Studios for $15,000. She claimed to have suffered extreme fear, mental anguish, and emotional distress due to visiting Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights haunted house, which she said was too scary.

&

2005, Austin Aitken sued NBC for $2.5 million. He claimed that an episode of “Fear Factor” caused him “suffering, injury, and great pain.” He said that watching the contestants eat rats on television made him dizzy and light-headed, causing him to vomit and run into a doorway. He judge said the case was frivolous and threw it out.

I dont know which lawsuit is worse?

hahaha I cant believe people..what has this world come to?

Jillian has this in the bag...sorry lazy Christie Christihen..choke on a pill. -- harsh, but o well.

You have got to be kidding?!?! These are for real?

The problem is, there are a lot of people who feel they are ''entitled" to something. It is indeed the culture of entitlement....
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Although I think the lawsuit is ridiculous, I also have no respect for Jillian. Anyone with any kind of integrity and that really cares about peoples health does not put their names on "magic pills" just so they can get rich. She's just another phony IMO. Do you see Bob Harper selling any pills? Heck, his website is even free, again compared to Jillian's paid site.