30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 together?

Options
I have a many inches to lose before a vacation in about a month. I was wondering if any of you have done 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 together everyday? If so, what were your results after the 30 days were done? I'm just curious as to whether it is worth it!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    I haven't combined the two (I use 30 Day Shred), but honestly any kind of intense workout is worth it, and it these are pretty intense!
  • hkillion
    hkillion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30ds, coupled with 30 mins of jogging in the morning. I have a desk job so I feel that it takes a lot more activity outside of work for my weight to budge :/
  • CKAatKOC
    CKAatKOC Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have not tried one but was thinking the same as in trying a 30day shred. we should keep each other posted. remember to measure your self you should lose way more inches than pounds I would think.
  • reneetherare
    Options
    30 Day Shred, plus a little jogging, is wildly effective. I've lost 10 lbs in a month and a half with only that and an avoidance of red meat. It is hard and you'll be sore, but it's worth it.
  • hkillion
    hkillion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's what I am thinking as well. I will keep you posted!! I have taken measurements already, and I will also continue to be pushing myself every morning to do Couch to 5k (at least for the first month). It will be nice to have some support outside of just my husband ;)
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    I am currently doing RI30, and start Week 4 today, as a matter of fact. I don't suggest doing both at the same time, unless you do them on alternate days, such as Monday - 30ds Lvl 1, then Tuesday - RI30 Wk 1 ... If you do it that way, you will be getting the best of both worlds but not at too much intensity.

I didn't know about the 30 Day Shred until I had already started RI30 and started looking on the web for results. I kept reading that RI30 is a little more intense than 30ds. From my experience, Weeks 1 and 2 weight training and abs were easy to me. I did advanced moves on those, but the cardio is killer! I have always had a rough time with cardio anyway. By the end of Week 1, I could do almost the whole 2 minutes without pausing, but during Week 2, I still had to pause, although it was easier by then. I actually got kinda bored with Level 2 though. I LOVE week 3, but heard so many horror stories about it. The thing I like the most is that it uses more of your own body weight for resistance, and it fatigues my muscles real quick! I was dripping with sweat even on my last day of it this week! I can do most of the reps, but even for someone like me who has that muscle strength, I couldn't even finish the Table top Tricep Dips! I had to do modified moves for the legs because my thighs were burning like crazy! I did most of the cardio with ease because I was doing modified, but it still was hard.

Anyways ~ I have seen inches melt away, my jeans are falling off, and I have to buckle my belt up a notch (YAY!), and I have one more week to go! I have been following her plan 1/2 way, and doing my own with Weight Watchers, plus have been doing Denise Austin's Power Yoga (very light Hatha/Vinyasa) for 20 minutes RIGHT after most of my RI30 workouts. That helps my heart rate go down right after and really helps with the soreness. Plus, it burns more calories and is putting me right into a fat-burning Yoga that way.

So ~ If you are not already active, I suggest NOT doing them both together! BUT if you must, then like I said: Alternate the days, and make sure you get some rest days too, because you are going to need them with RI30!
  • jhunny31
    Options
    I've started level 1 Monday of the 30 day shred, however today I've done 30 day rip and I will do shred later in the day so yes I plan on doing both of these together for the next month or so, so we'll see. Hope to drop some inches and a few more much needed pounds.;
  • SML1204
    SML1204 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

Has anyone tried doing 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30 together? If so, what were the results you achieved? (ie weight loss/ time)

I have a holiday in 3 weeks and have been doing the 30 day Shred but thinking of combining both so would appreciate any info from those of you who have combined both workouts :)

Thanks!
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30 day shred tonight and I have heard so many stories of success. I will do ripped in 30 next!

If you want to add me, you can!
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    I have done 30 day shred but not consistently enough to get results. I know it is doing something bc it makes me mega sore. That is a good sign. Any intense cardio plus light weights & circuit is going to be a fat burner. I lost a lot of inches in one month by lifting heavy. I didn't think much of it, but started lifting full body to failure until I got to 20 reps (which most ppl would agree is too many reps and not heavy enough, but it was what my trainer did with me yrs ago and it worked so did it on my own.). Once I got to 20 reps, I upped my weight. Two exercises per body part. I lost no scale weight, but went to put a shirt on and the arms HAD been tight and were loose. It WAS pulling at my waist in the back and fit almost loose. I was floored. I then started noticing that my boobs were a lot perkier in my pjamas than they were a month ago (looking at them with no bra on. I was soo shocked that 30 days of weight training gave me those results so fast. So you may want to try lifting with your shred. That is fat burning and building muscle at the same time. And like I said, I lost those inches in a 30 day span of just lifting and also doing walk, jog, run 45 min on tready daily.

Good luck and keep us posted. It seems so many on here post with complaints of what is NOT working or questions bc they aren't seeing results or they want a dramatic debate such as, "what do you think of aspartame?" instead of posting what we ALL probably want to hear and that is what gave you results. At least that is what I want to hear. If you did something and it worked, I want to hear about it so I can try it. Or otherwise, if it failed you, tell me. :)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Both DVDs are pretty cheap. Get them both and do a different workout each day. I know she says to focus on one single workout for 10 days, but I don't agree with that.

All of the workouts combine 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs. Each workout includes three circuits. Each workout is about the same level of difficulty in my opinion, but some moves are harder than others.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred and killer buns and thighs together. I just got ripped in thirty and I'm going to switch that out daily with 30 day shred. I incorporate that with running and the results are fantastic. I also do p90X's ab ripper. I think if you're investing at least an hour working out everyday and eating healthy you'll have fantastic results in 30 days no matter what you do.
  • rvhaz
    rvhaz Posts: 1
    Options
    Not together, Did 30 day shred for a few months....not alot of weight loss for me, but my strength and endurance level is now unbelieveable! I had a stroke 2 years ago and b4 starting 30 day shred...I couldnt do jumping jacks or even skip! I also have an under active Thyroid so I have to push harder. 30 day works but I'm having better results with 45+ minutes of Cardio at the gym combined with Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer...definitely see a big difference. I have gone down 1 pant, bra and panty size in about a month and a half. weight loss is about 8 pounds. Good Luck!
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I've tried to do 30DS and her Yoga Meltdown video in the same day and almost couldn't move the next day. lol.... i would alternate days and just do 1 each day.