Low sodium/Low carb wraps... Do they exist????

Options
bcf7683
bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
So I love having turkey/chicken/tuna/veggie wraps for lunch 3-4 days a week because they're simple to make and pack for work... But I'm getting really fed up with the ridiculous amounts of carbs and sodium that are in most of the brands I've tried. I've tried flat outs, joseph's flax lavash bread, la tortilla factory... the list never ends. When I find one that's low in carbs, the sodium is through the roof, and when they're low in sodium, the carbs & sugars are nuts.

Is there a magical wrap out there that's low in sodium AND carbs?....Or perhaps a recipe for homemade wraps that are a little more under control???

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    What is "through the roof" sodium-wise?
  • bcf7683
    Options
    Nearly 300mg in one wrap. I think that's ridiculous.

If I had to settle for one, I'd rather go with less carbs. I suppose it's the lesser of two evils in my diet
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Tumaro's. I get the salsa flavored tortillas and they are 50 cal, 1.5g fat, 90mg sod, 11g carb, 6g fiber, 0g sugar, and 5g protein. They have other flavors as well and the stats very slightly from flavor to flavor, but they're all pretty close.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Lettuce.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    Tumaro's. I get the salsa flavored tortillas and they are 50 cal, 1.5g fat, 90mg sod, 11g carb, 6g fiber, 0g sugar, and 5g protein. They have other flavors as well and the stats very slightly from flavor to flavor, but they're all pretty close.

Where do you get these? I shop on a couple health food websites- other than that I have WalMart, Giant Eagle, and Aldi's around me. Pretty limited.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    Lettuce.

I do the lettuce thing when I'm having tuna. Doesn't work well with chicken or turkey
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Try Josephs Tortillas....

Serving Size 1 Tortilla (42g)
    Servings Per Container 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 70
    Calories from Fat 15 %
    Total Fat 1.5g
    Saturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 380mg
    Total Carbohydrate 11g
    Dietary Fiber 6g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 7g

Subtract fiber from carbs and it's only 5g net carbs a tortilla.
  • Pace29
    Pace29 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I second Tumaros lo carb wraps. I buy mine from key foods or you can find them online. I get either salsa or multi grain flavor. sodium is <100g and cals are either 50/60 g a wrap. salsa i think has less cals/sodium but the multigrain one is softer/better texture.
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I use napa cabbage - it's got more structure than lettuce and holds up well. Just don't assemble, take to work, let it sit all morning, then eat. You want to wrap just before eating, especially with lettuce. Sometimes I use (adult, not baby) bok choi too, it rolls better than napa (which works better when limp, but not gross limp - it's a fine line). I've heard chard works well and it's sturdier than lettuce, but I don't like the flavor as much so I've not tried it.

You could also try corn tortillas, they're lower cal and sodium, but still have fiber.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Take big leaf of lettuce
    stuff with meat you cook yourself

low carb, low sodium

ywia.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love the FlatOut brand wraps. The multi-grain flax kind are 100 calories, 9 net carbs and 280 mg sodium and 9 g protein. That seems pretty darn good to me. I eat them regularly and rarely even come close to my daily sodium limit. I also like that they are a litte longer than standard round tortilla so I can stuff up to 2 C of leafy greens with my other wrap ingredients.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The La Tortilla Factory ones that I get have 50 calories, 3 net carbs, and 160 mg of sodium. Pretty magical if you ask me...