Worse to be next to on a plane. Bad breath guy or

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Tall people are probably the worst people to sit next to unless we're in an emergency exit row. I'm 6'6" and I'm pretty much going to spill over into your leg space whether either of us like it or not, especially if the person in front reclines.

That's why the person in front doesn't recline. As soon as I see them try I make sure my knees don't allow their seat to move one bit.
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't mind BO or bad breath. I can turn my head. Don't mind the large people either, as long as they are not literally in my seat. A little overhang ain't no thing in my book. I'm not afraid of touching people. Our culture's too touch-a-phobic IMO.

But anyway, yeah, I hate young children on flights. Even if they don't "act up", they still tend to talk loudly or annoyingly, squirm, etc, while everyone around them is in severely claustrophobic conditions. Unless you've got them doped up on benadryl so they sleep for the duration, small children just CONSISTENTLY make flights annoying at the very least for other people. Even the best behaved. It's just how children are, and the extenuating circumstances of the situation.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Bo because I can look away for the bad breath guy at least. I hate bad breath, and usually try and offer the person a mint when they have it, but I doubt I will be chatting up the bad-breath guy next to me lol.Bo would suck though, since I can't escape xD
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You know what though?

REMEMBER THE DAYS OF OLD WHEN AIRLINES DIDN'T PUT YOU IN SUBHUMAN CONDITIONS?

How about we just complain about how we can't seem to make them bring that back?
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Tall people are probably the worst people to sit next to unless we're in an emergency exit row. I'm 6'6" and I'm pretty much going to spill over into your leg space whether either of us like it or not, especially if the person in front reclines.

That's why the person in front doesn't recline. As soon as I see them try I make sure my knees don't allow their seat to move one bit.

This...I've had to call the stewardess just to get the person in front of me to bring seat back up because they absolutely refused to be curteous and not crush my knees.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Bo because I can look away for the bad breath guy at least. I hate bad breath, and usually try and offer the person a mint when they have it, but I doubt I will be chatting up the bad-breath guy next to me lol.Bo would suck though, since I can't escape xD

Totally thought your screen name said "I love vagina"
  • TonkaDanteFriend
    TonkaDanteFriend Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Yeah, I usually play that game too. I remember one time I was flying overseas to Germany and the little **** in front of me must have known I was doing it because he reclined the moment I went to the bathroom. Worst 10+ hour flight ever
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Kids that kick the back of the seat the whole time are bad.

But, the worst flight I've been on was sitting next to the guy who was drunk when he got on the plane, continued drinking during the flight, so I had to endure his drunken conversation, to have him then pass out, snoring, on my shoulder.

Yeah, that was fun,
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I buy all three seats so I can have the whole fcuking row to myself...........
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Old person wearing a dirty diaper, happened to me once, worst 5 hours flight ever! :(
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm actually okay with crying babies. Babies cry, that's life.

Wow. You might just be my new hero!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Awwww...I know everyone has experienced an irritating kid on a flight before, but I don't understand why it's such a big deal. I mean, think about all the thoughts going through our minds, "Oh my gosh this guy's breath stinks, this girl has BO, that couple is talking so loudly, I am hungry, I have to pee, but I don't want to get up, my back hurts, my leg hurts, where's the flight attendant with the drink cart?" I could go on and on. Little kids express this on a plane by crying and whining. Grown ups mostly hold it inside and fume over it. The ones that don't...well, they end up getting tasered by the Marshall on the plane.

That said, to choose between these two, BO would bother me more than bad breath...unless the bad breath is so offensive that it seeps out through the nose or the person is a ridiculous mouth breather. At least BO tends to smell sort of onionlike which makes me think of the way it smells when one saute's onions for a delicious cheese steak or something.

Edited to add: My son who is now 6 1/2 has flown almost every year since he was 9 months old. Every time we fly I worry, "is this going to be the time he is the kid everyone hates." Every time he is super well behaved and even has new adult friends by the time the flight is over. We've even had people give him little trinkets as gifts because he's so sweet and fun.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    BO...bad breathe I'll pray they fall asleep or turn away as they talk BO is just nasty...oh don't sit next to little children either, can not deal with them, babies are far worse 4 long-haul flights last summer with screaming little children/babies scarred for life ...think i may have to consider paying the extortionate club-class fees in order to escape it all

little kids on long haul flights make me shudder :frown:
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I could care less about any just don't sit me next to a f'n chatterbox!
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    the cigarette-jonser
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    NoAdditives wrote:
    I'm actually okay with crying babies. Babies cry, that's life.

Wow. You might just be my new hero!

Not heroic but my problems are with people who are inconsiderate. Babies don't know what's going on. I feel bad for the parent trying to get somewhere, the kids crying and all he or she gets is dirty looks. Hey we were all babies once and annoyed someone with our crying. Karma.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, no one wants to sit next to ME on a plane. I am "Claustrophobic, afraid of heights, gets motion sick" woman. Plus when I take the dramamine for the motion sick part, I become "woozy, groggy, silly" woman.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Bad BO guy?

I am still wondering what BO stands for.

Bobby Orange lol
    Body Odour
  • malicent
    Options
    Bad BO. At least the bad breath person can keep their mouth shut or you just look away when they talk to you. LOL I seriously thought you were gonna say a fat guy. LOL OBESE people.. is that one of the choices? If so, then definitely an obese individual. That's like 5 individuals in one, their fat spilling over into my seat which I paid for....
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I'm usually quite shmammerd on long flights so - neither, but don't you dare sit me next to a prude - that'll kill my very expensive air plane buzz...