Help, what should I eat?

Options
Going for Mexican with the girls tonight, here's the menu:

http://www.loschilitos.ca/index_files/food.htm

What should I order?!?! I'd like to try to stay around 500-600 calories, is this possible?

Please help!!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Going for Mexican with the girls tonight, here's the menu:

http://www.loschilitos.ca/index_files/food.htm

What should I order?!?! I'd like to try to stay around 500-600 calories, is this possible?

Please help!!

I have a better idea, instead of fretting about what you should order and cals, order what you want and enjoy yourself. If whatever you eat and drink happens to be over whatever cal goal you're trying to stick to, no worries get on track tomorrow
  • MizzMalibu
    MizzMalibu Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I have a better idea, instead of fretting about what you should order and cals, order what you want and enjoy yourself. If whatever you eat and drink happens to be over whatever cal goal you're trying to stick to, no worries get on track tomorrow

While I truly appreciate the sentiment, I am trying very hard to stay on point with eating my daily allotment of calories. : )
    Any suggestions from the menu?
  • Acg67
    Options

While I truly appreciate the sentiment, I am trying very hard to stay on point with eating my daily allotment of calories. : )

While I disagree with letting your diet control you to the point of not being able to go out and eat what you want here and there, shrimp or chicken tacos would have the lowest cals
  • MizzMalibu
    MizzMalibu Posts: 14 Member
    Options

While I disagree with letting your diet control you to the point of not being able to go out and eat what you want here and there, shrimp or chicken tacos would have the lowest cals

Thanks Acg67!
    I get what you are saying, however if I ordered what I really wanted I'd be drowning in margaritas, sharing some nachos, fried flautas and fried empanadas. While it sounds like fun, the extra time on the treadmill/weight machine tomorrow isn't worth it to me. :wink:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the Fajitas... Since you assemble you have a little more control over what you put on them. But any of the tacos mentioned above would be good too.
  • Acg67
    Options

Thanks Acg67!
    I get what you are saying, however if I ordered what I really wanted I'd be drowning in margaritas, sharing some nachos, fried flautas and fried empanadas. While it sounds like fun, the extra time on the treadmill/weight machine tomorrow isn't worth it to me. :wink:

And imo that is a bad mindset to have, weight loss and fitness is a long term thing, if you have a bad eating/training day here and there it won't have much effect long term. There really is no need to do extra cardio to punish yourself or make up for enjoying yourself. but to each their own