I just can't get back on track

Options
I'm trying so hard. Mentally I'm like "yeah! I'm ready lets do this" but then my body is just physically tired and I can't get rid of the laziness. I wish I had never taken a break from doing things, I was doing so well. This is depressing me. I don't know why, but I feel like if my weight went away, so would all of my problems. I know that's silly and it just makes me more depressed because I am having so much trouble getting back into it.

Replies

• momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there. We all go through this from time to time. I find that sometimes I just have to take it 5 minutes at a time. If I can work out for 5 minutes, it is better then nothing. If I can wait 5 more minutes before having a snack....

Just a side note. Are you taking vitamins? You may be missing something. It may contribute to a lack of energy.
  • aschavel
    Options
    You can do this!!! Take one day at a time. I too, have just started getting back after illness and injury (one right after the other) so I can understand where you are coming from. I have gone back to the beginning mostly, changing one thing at a time. I started making sure I eat my breakfast (something I never did prior to this journey). Next, I incorporated a healthier lunch and snacks during the work day. My next move will be to get my lazy butt back to the gym after doc releases me for excersizing.

Come on "Thomas" - "I think I can, I think I can, I KNOW I CAN!!!"
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that, i schedule some "time off", a couple days, a wk, whatever, to just not stress about it & re-coup.
    then, i set a date to jump back on - and if i start to feel ho-hum, i remind myself, "i just had a break, i can stick with it for x amt of days,wks, wutever".

I also schedule in not necessary completely "time off" but laxed days in the middle to keep my from getting burnt out...
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    it's never too late to start back up again. Before I even knew about MFP, I was about the quit my gym membership, give up on working out, and probably gain lots of weight. My friend told me about MFP and was excited to try it out. Now I've gone to the gym more this past week in a long time and i'm watching my calories. Accept the encouragement, and accept the support. You can do it!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have found that when I start to slack off and miss my workouts, I get really lazy and really tired. But the first day that I actually make myself get back to it, I feel so much better.