Newbie from Glasgow. Hi everybody!! How do you celebrate suc

Options
Hi I'm new to MFP - it's great! I am loving the positivity about all this. I have been eating ok and exercising since New Year and was recommended this by member Thricewiser who's been going great guns.

I wanted to track and be able to review progress so it's perfect. My worry isn't so much losing the weight but more how will i act when it comes back off and stopping the famine/feasting cycles... Any advice on how to celebrate that doesn't involve indulging or wearing a new dress (as a guy prob not the best option for me ;-)).

Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Kenny

Replies

• SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP.

It's good to see another Scot on here, I'm in Edinburgh, and mostly I see posters in USA.

How about treating yourself to spomething like a trip to cinema (with no nachos or popsorn obviously) or something really active like a day at Knockhill or paintballing etc. If you know someone else locally , Thricewiser, then maybe you could do these activities together.
    Good luck on your journey. x
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi Suzanne!

Thanks for the welcome! I like the idea of something like paintballing! I think I might celebrate (when I get there hopefully!!) by getting rid of all my 'comfort' clothes so there's no going back.

Keep the sunny side up - and congrats on dropping over a stone already! Well done!

Kenny
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Helloooo :)

Another UK Bod! This is great..

You'll find thericewiser on this group as well! its a team for UK Members!! Hope to see you on there!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79635-team-uk-february-2010

Katherine x
  • ATXrunner
    Options
    When I achieve the little weekly goals I've set for myself, I buy a couple new songs from iTunes to add to my playlist to keep things fresh on runs. When I meet bigger goals, I reward myself with new workout gear or tech gadgets - I've found these non-food treats to be a great source of motivation.

Cheers from Munich!
  • kwaters7
    Options
    Sweet! Thanks a lot.... :smile:
  • scagle4008
    Options
    I am trying to think unisex here. Some fun whatever your gender. How about a massage, there are many different types available here in the states, however I'm not sure about the availability where you are. Good luck honey!!! The honey is a southern way of talking since I am from the deep south...Atlanta Georgia USA
  • kwaters7
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate everyone being so friendly! I will take a bit of everything on board and already have 2 new songs on my ipod as i met one of my mini goals.... God Bless x
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    ahhhh finally !

scottish people !

thought i was a complete loner !

im from glasgow woohooo !!!!

how use guys gtn on x