Looking for easy recipes that are healthy.

Options
Hello, I am sick of having the same foods day in and day out. Does anyone have any healthy easy recipes that are good? I am usually on the go all the time and I make my menus 2 days ahead of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also looking for new friends :)

Replies

• Kateswalsh
    Kateswalsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just got Cooking Light for my I-Pad. It's a great tool to use and the recipes are generally pretty easy to follow. It's worth the subscription.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com
  • jeleda913
    Options
    I've found some great dinner recipes (under 500 cals) here:

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/500_calorie_dinners_30_minute_dinners

Even my non dieting family has loved them. Good luck! :-)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, both skinnytaste and myrecipes.com (cooking light) have great recipes. And myrecipes.com allows you to search by what ingredients you have on hand so that makes it really easy.

Another idea is to take some of your old favorites and tweak them a little by making substitutions. For meats, you can lower the amounts called for and/or use the leaner versions like turkey sausage, 90% lean ground beef or ground turkey. Same idea for pasta, rice or potato - lower the amount and/or use healthier versions like whole wheat pasta, quinoa, brown rice. And increase the amount of veggies so you still have the volume but less calories.
  • journeytofitxx
    Options
    I made the YUMMIEST meal yesterday so that I could bring it today.

Laughing Cow mac and cheese w/tuna (no bake casserole)
    Ingredients:
    -Tuna (in water) (1/4 cup)
    -Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow Cheese wedge (2)
    -1 cup multigrain pasta of your choice (I used rottini)
    -1-2 tsp of milk
    -Pepper to taste
    -Broccoli (optional)

Boil the noodles to your liking, strain them and leave a LITTLE bit of water in the pan. Then add the cheese wedges, milk, tuna, broccoli and pepper. It tastes like a really yummy tuna casserole and takes less than twenty minutes! One serving has about 360 calories. Not bad for pasta! It's so good, and you can change the recipe around a lot by adding veggies or trying chicken instead of tuna, or even just making it mac and cheese! It's my favorite recipe right now :)
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've found some great dinner recipes (under 500 cals) here:

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/500_calorie_dinners_30_minute_dinners

Even my non dieting family has loved them. Good luck! :-)

I LOVE eatingwell.com! I always recommend that web site. Great stuff and you can customize your recipe searches for both ingredients and nutrition goals (ie: high fiber, low carb, etc.)
  • journeytofitxx
    Options
    Stir fry is also a super easy, tasty and healthy meal and usually most of the ingredients are already in the house! Just chop up veggies of choice, an optional protien and simmer them up in a sauce you like! I usually mix soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and fish sauce and serve it over brown rice but it can be eaten alone too!
    Another one of my favorites is cauliflower pizza... low carb and delicious. Look up a cauliflower crust online and the rest is easy :)
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Special k has some great recipes as well as Dr.oz website
  • annathomas88
    annathomas88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Spinach Pasta is my new favorite. So its green.Big deal, its delicious! :)
  • jeleda913
    Options
    Absolutely, both skinnytaste and myrecipes.com (cooking light) have great recipes. And myrecipes.com allows you to search by what ingredients you have on hand so that makes it really easy.

Another idea is to take some of your old favorites and tweak them a little by making substitutions. For meats, you can lower the amounts called for and/or use the leaner versions like turkey sausage, 90% lean ground beef or ground turkey. Same idea for pasta, rice or potato - lower the amount and/or use healthier versions like whole wheat pasta, quinoa, brown rice. And increase the amount of veggies so you still have the volume but less calories.

Absolutely! I've done that with a number of recipes I have and am amazed at how much I can cut from the calories, fat, and sodium just by making a few tweeks!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just got Cooking Light for my I-Pad. It's a great tool to use and the recipes are generally pretty easy to follow. It's worth the subscription.

I find that 90% of the recipes from cooking light arnt even healthy
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options