Does this look like a balanced diet?

Options
Ok, I've made my meal plan out for tomorrow (not that I always stick to it in that order), but what do you think? Instead of 3 meals, I've broken it into 6 smaller meals...I've got to change things up a little bit. More fruit? More veggies?? I really need to change everything I eat. I'm also trying to do the "clean eating" thing....

Replies

• AnnaMC1977
    Options
    It's actually a meal plan for tomorrow (09/29/12)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's actually a meal plan for tomorrow (09/29/12)

If you want some advice, make your food diary public so everyone can see your plan :smile: Happy to comment and help!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so can't help. Either post your meal or make your diary public.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    it's public now
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    111 47 78 so 444 cals from carbs, 423 from fats and 312 from protein. More balanced than most.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You did a great job at meeting your macros for protein! Most people have problems with that. You also had enough fiber and not too much added sugar. You also seemed to space out your meals and calories well throughout the day.

The main thing I noticed was sodium, especially for lunch with the artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. By switching to fresh you could cut out almost 1000mg of sodium. Diets high in salt can make you bloated, gain water weight, and aren't very good for blood pressure.

Really though, that was the only thing! Salt is probably the least of your concerns with decreasing calories. Good job! :smile:
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great plan to me. If you drink a cup of water with each meal you will also hit your water goal.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i need to get better about eating too....

...but just for kicks:

balanced_diet.jpg
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm in a serious rut and my weight has not budged in a year. I hope this will help, and yes, I will take care to lower the sodium and drink more water :-)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    more protein + fat
    less carbs
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Looks great. I'm always amazed when I see how much food you can eat when you make healthy choices.