90-day hiatus was NOT helpful

Options
Hello MFP friends!

My near 90-day hiatus was NOT helpful for my weight loss and fitness goals. I'm back with a renewed commitment, a well-outlined food & exercise program, and I've even uploaded a new profile pic to remind me of what consistency in my fitness and lifestyle can do for my well-being and happiness...

Has anyone else fallen off the MFP wagon? What did you do to get revved up when you came back?

I also got engaged this summer and am getting married in May! So there's MAJOR motivation on the horizon. Any other ladies in their late 30's living in Southern California? Let's connect!

In health, wealth, and happiness,
LJ

Replies

• Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Congrats on the engagement. Such an exciting time! I am in SoCal...Riverside area. Feel free to send me a friend request. As for the time off, let it be in the past. you seem to have a very bright outlook. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I was tired of being pudgy. I was tired of being tired. I was shocked that I got stretchmarks. Now I'm back! Don't add me though, cause I am about to spend 5 months in China with no way to count cals. 1 more week on MFP for me! This time, I have a great fitness plan to get me through the questionable eating (what the hell is this? Don't ask silly American, Dont ask)

I hope you have all of the luck in the world! Oh and check this out to see if your plan makes sense:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?hl=roadmap+2.0
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon also, and just started back this week. Now I'm going through all the soreness all over again, and I kick myself for it!! I have a 5k in 2 weeks, that I signed up for when I was working out 6 days per week, plus doing c25k. After slacking for 6 weeks, then jumping back in with both feet this week, now I have shin splints! OUCH! I'm still going to do my 5k, but I don't think I'll meet my original goal time.

I'm just trying to put my slacking, and feeling sorry for myself behind me, and starting over with a fresh mind...KNOWING that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. I'm making myself workout, whether I want to or not. I'm always glad after I do!!

Good luck, and stay strong!!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement! I'm also getting married in May! Currently living in Seattle, but if you want to be West Coast buddies~ Feel Free to add me!

Good luck with everything!
  • aimeercole
    Options
    Oh I have fallen off every time. I usually would get frustrated because I would read all the posts that said "I lost 8 pounds my first week" and I ALWAYS gained my first week. A couple weeks ago I had completed a triathlon and thought I was in good shape because I finished, but my time was much worse than last year. Then I was looking at the pics that were posted online afterward and I saw a picture of a chubby girl in a bathing suit and realized it was me! Now I am into week 2 and lost the weight I gained the first week and a bit more. Slow and steady and don't give up. good luck. you got this.
  • valiant_1
    Options
    jadedbutterfl : Good luck on your 5K. I bet you'll do better than you think. Muscle memory is powerful! And so are the things we think about ourselves. I commend your efforts. Thanks for responding!!
  • valiant_1
    Options
    Prettylittlel : Yes! West Coast Buddies and Brides-to-Be!

Thanks for responding. I'm sending you a message now... :smile: