30 day shred

Options
I just completed day 1 of jillian michaels 30 day shred. It really kicked my butt half way through. But i was able to keep going and manage to finish. I was just wondering, has anyone completed this and what were the results. I read that some people gain muscle, hense a few pounds. But lose inches. I would like some feedback on people who have tried and completed it. I am going to take pictures halfway, then when i complete it. Hopeing to see a difference, and feel one!

Replies

• Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Use the search function and you will come up with loads of threads.
    Good luck!
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost any inches but have a lot more definition in my abs, back, butt, and my butt is higher and rounder. I just finished day 21. I must say I am not getting the results I expected. This has been in conjunction with a healthy diet.
  • jenupt
    jenupt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did it to prepare for my 10 year wedding vow renewal. It was a great workout! I did Workout 1 for a week, Workout 2 for a week and Workout 3 for the rest of the time. I didn't lose any weight but I lost a lot of inches and I looked fantastic! I would also do extra cardio a few days a week and occasionally added extra push-ups or ab work. I still go back to it every few weeks and do Workout 3 - it was my favorite! Good luck!
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I will be starting this weekend on 30 DS. So excited1 I will post results when Im done;)
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD. $10 for a 25 minute workout that kicks your a$s? Um, okay! Plus, I do like JM.

That being said, I tried it at 313 lb (a while ago when I was a little smaller than I am now). Within 5-7 days I had lost 5 lb and 2" off everywhere on my body. That being said, obviously I'm very, very big, so results may vary depending on what you have to lose, etc., but I was so pleased with the fact that at the end of the week I didn't feel winded going up a flight of stairs. I was amazed.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I did it in August and took one rest day per week.

I lost 6lbs and got some great definition in my shoulders/arms and waist. I was also sticking to my calorie goals most of the time. I loved it! Stick with it!
  • belliesmom
    Options
    Thanks ladies, im looking forward to seeing results! The only thing that idk is how many calories burned during workout. And what do i log it under?
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Do a search - there are TONS of posts about this dvd.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, im looking forward to seeing results! The only thing that idk is how many calories burned during workout. And what do i log it under?

I usually burn between 200 and 250 calories. I'd log it under circuit training.
  • lewis350
    Options
    Calorie burn will depend on your weight, age and fitness. I wear a HRM and ranged from 160 - 190 calories burnt. As pp mentioned I logged it under circuit training.

Come and join the October challenge of 30 day shred.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8765-30-day-shred-oct-1st

:bigsmile: