Have used the app but never the community...

Options
Good day,

I have used the fitness pal app in the past but I have never opened my profile or accessed the community. I am a 43yr old single mother of a very active teen, working full time while going to school for masters full time. Needing a little support to stay focused on my goals as my calendar fills up and the temptation to skip the evening exercise or grab some quick take out increases.

I had initially done very well with a 60lb weight loss in 8 months. I sustained for the most part for two years but slowly 15lbs found their way back :( With my hectic life, I know now more than ever the necessity to try to have a healthy lifestyle to keep up this pace. I have to admit though that my desire is two fold--I could also use the self-esteem boost that being in better shape and fitting into my old clothes would give me.

I am hoping to find others that are in similar circumstances--in 40's and juggling...

~cj

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 42 year old mom of a 21 year old that still lives with me while going to college. I'm not in school, but I'm very busy with work and some volunteering. I have lost 30lbs and am now just trying to maintain. I'm usually on here averyday and I try to be supportive.

Feel free to add me.
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a 42 year old mom of a 15 & 17 year old and looking to lose another 25 lbs. I've also just logged in my food entries but never participated in the community but I found in the last few weeks since I've been participating it's helped me a lot!!
    I've sent you a friend request and hopefully we can help motivate each other :smile: