Weight watchers points system and starvation mode

Options
I just recently joined weightwatchers and have had my points set at 18, now looking at the food im eating and putting it into mfp for 18 points im only getting around 1000cals

has anyone else found that weigh watchers sets them at low calorie eqivalents?

i have to admit this is putting me off carrying on the plan (eventhough i only registered on wednesday)

Katie

Replies

• MMJ93
    MMJ93 Posts: 5
    Options
    I too do Weight Watchers. Are you sure that is the amount of points you should be using? That sounds pretty low to me?
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers gives you the extra points (I think its 35) a week to use how you want, where you want. If you spread them out over the 7 days youd be at roughly 1250 calories a day. Also, weight watchers lets you eat calories from exercise. I would stick with it. When I first began losing weight weight watchers was what helped me the most and taught me how I could "eat what I want" and eat sensibly and lose weight. If you are feeling overly hungry every day I would eat a few more points if you're in fear your going to go into starvation mode, you will still lose weight, just at a slower rate.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    its the weight watchers discover plan - the UK version? the meeting leader seemed to think that was fine for me
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have done WW in the past. Did you know you can 'earn' more points to eat? By exercising. and you can eat those points that day, as i used to. or you can save them for another day (a cheat day for example). also you can spread your flex points out over the week and use a few each day. When I did WW, 2 years ago, i was able to have 29 points per day, but usually stayed alittle lower. and WW used to have you stay at a very low calorie count the first few weeks and then you got to add more food back in. Dont know about the newest programs though. Good luck to you.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    my mums on weight watchers and she's been told 18 points as well :)
    however on weight watchers almost all fruit is 0 points, but they contain calories, so that should take you out of starvation mode :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about all your zero point foods! Those will add in calories and you will probably be just fine. Stick it out for a bit and see what happens. Eat your exercise calories and include vegies with most meals, you may be surprised with what happens!

I got frustrated with WW because I always forgot about the vegies (0 points) Keep them in mind and you will do fine!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    we weren't told we could have any extra? there was a little quiz we had to do that said how many we should have, i got 18 and my friend got 24, hmmm, going to check the booklet now for these extra points - they never even said about eating back what you exercise
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I did wieght watchers and lost 20 pounds. But I stopped going due to family problems and it was costing me too much. I found this site, and I can think that i can do just a good on here as I can when I did wieght watchers
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    wow 1000 is starvation mode!!! You need at least 1200 or more, with exercise. Emily
  • Bthack
    Bthack Posts: 48
    Options
    Im not sure how tall you are, but I think you and I are about the same weight, and I get 24 pts plus 35 flex (can be used if you want) points a week and you also get extra points if you workout. SO with workout I usually use about 26-27 pts a day and it equals my calorie count. Hope this helps