Need a good Ab Workout

Options
I am open to a machine if that will do the trick. I just don't have the stamina, I guess, to do crunches correctly. I get tired, they suck and I quit. Or I do the crunches and I'm not working hard enough for them to do any good. I'm in the beginning stage of exercise, but my abs are being severely neglected.

Any help, suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Most exercise inadvertently work your abs anyway. But you could do swiss ball crunches, theres a few variations, I like long arm with weights ones, lateral flexion, reverse crunches, prone jackknives and planks.
  • aoifebos1
    aoifebos1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Planks are way more effective than crunches and there a lots of variations you can do.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The only ab exercise I ever do. And I only do them once every two weeks, if that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOgtFcqWbE

I do the straight leg, toes to bar version, but knees to elbows is a great way to start.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm not strong enough yet to do planks and I don't even know if my form is right. I can only last 20-30 seconds on my knees and elbows. I like them, though. They "hurt so good."

Maybe I'll look into the ball.

Thank you.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    20-30 seconds is good if thats all you can do, you need to work your way up.