What's the point..

Options
2»

Replies

• KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    So? What's wrong with that?
    I start a new diet each week. This week-It Works! Body Wraps.
    Next week-Slim Fast.

I need help for the following week, any suggestions? Please guys, I need your help.

Your necklace reminds me of lemon heads... maybe we should start a Lemon Heads diet, and log only Lemon Heads?
    I like this idea. I think I'll start the lemon heads diet next week instead of the Slim Fast.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    She's probably just testing to see if all the boys will come to her yard or not.

Hahaha - great response!
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Popular responses to this thread will include:

A) Why are you being so mean!
    B) What business is it of yours if they drink shakes?
    C) Great post OP, bump for later.
    D) Email me for details on this great opportunity to a healthy body and financial freedom.

So much win in one post...
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    She's probably just testing to see if all the boys will come to her yard or not.

Runner-up
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Runner-up

Hey Ken
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I wish I could keep threads like this in my back pocket for every time someone posts a thread asking why some people keep their diaries private.

It's her diary. She can log whatever she wants to log. Or not log whatever she wants to log. There's no reason for you to be horrified about anything that you aren't a part of and that you weren't asked to comment on.

And yes, I'm familiar with the shake diets. One of the guys at work did a medically supervised one, lost about 60 pounds and has kept every pound of it off for over a year now. My mom-in-law and step-dad-in-law are both doing one right now, losing steadily and they have weekly doctor visits to make sure that they are physically healthy and responding well to the diet. They both have to exercise for a set amount of time each week and the people running the program started them with just light cardio, have increased the amount of that and will soon be adding in strength training along with the cardio. They also have bi-monthly meetings where different doctors and medical experts come and talk to them about maintaining, general health, keeping a regular workout routine after the program ends, etc. etc.

Would I ever do one? No. But do they work for some people when they are handled correctly? Yes. So let your "friend" keep logging her daily consumption of calories and worry about your own logging.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

This made me go "HA!" really loud, then look around real quick to make sure nobody was looking at me funny....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Popular responses to this thread will include:

A) Why are you being so mean!
    B) What business is it of yours if they drink shakes?
    C) Great post OP, bump for later.
    D) Email me for details on this great opportunity to a healthy body and financial freedom.

Nailed it! :laugh:

ETA: My choice is B! :tongue:
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I think it's better for them to just eat normal food and log it, it's more realistic and it's more helpful in terms of educating yourself on whats healthy and whats not. Realistic as in, you're not going to go out to eat with your family and order a diet milkshake, you're going to want to be educated in it if it's going to be your lifestyle.

If you're in a situation you just want to drop some quick pounds, then I understand, but I myself prefer to just stick to the basics of diet and exercise. I'm not saying it's wrong, ultimately just giving my opinion.
  • avamonet
    Options
    *Edited*
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    I wish I could keep threads like this in my back pocket for every time someone posts a thread asking why some people keep their diaries private.

It's her diary. She can log whatever she wants to log. Or not log whatever she wants to log. There's no reason for you to be horrified about anything that you aren't a part of and that you weren't asked to comment on.

And yes, I'm familiar with the shake diets. One of the guys at work did a medically supervised one, lost about 60 pounds and has kept every pound of it off for over a year now. My mom-in-law and step-dad-in-law are both doing one right now, losing steadily and they have weekly doctor visits to make sure that they are physically healthy and responding well to the diet. They both have to exercise for a set amount of time each week and the people running the program started them with just light cardio, have increased the amount of that and will soon be adding in strength training along with the cardio. They also have bi-monthly meetings where different doctors and medical experts come and talk to them about maintaining, general health, keeping a regular workout routine after the program ends, etc. etc.

Would I ever do one? No. But do they work for some people when they are handled correctly? Yes. So let your "friend" keep logging her daily consumption of calories and worry about your own logging.

qps0wg.jpg
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I love you. :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Sophie3GS
    Options
    It may be part of her personal strategy - have a month with this fairly rigid diet first then when motivated because she will have lost some weight - start to branch out to eating a more life long diet. Different things work for different people.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    .. in being on MFP if you're on a specific diet such as the cambridge diet? :S

I was horrified when I went onto a 'friends' food log to see Breakfast: Milkshake, Lunch: Milkshake, Dinner: Milkshake. She was at least 600 calories under her goal. What's the point in calculating how many calories you should eat in order lose weight the healthy way if all you're gonna consume is fricking milkshakes? and what's the point in even logging your milkshake when you know exactly how much of whatever is in your milkshake?

Milkshake! what the f-ing f?

Seriously what business is it of yours if she has shakes or not? Have you actually asked her why she is doing what she is or have you come on here to troll and abuse the girl behind her back? More than likely its the latter. Before you point two fingers at someone else look in the mirror and point them back at yourself because really darling unless you walk a day in her shoes don't worry what she is doing and jog on with your own journey!!!