Having a rough day

jennmcpherson
jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I'm usually a very positive person with a ton of energy but not today. I'm very much down in the dumps. I hate days like today. I just want to go back to bed and hide from the world but that is very much not an option. I know I have to work out today but I just don't have the energy right now.

HELP!!

Replies

• I know that somedays it is just not in the cards... but what helps me is to go tanning first! I go tanning, let that vitamin D soak in, and by the end I am ready to do at least a 30 min treadmill stint! :)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    I'm feeling the same way! Didn't sleep well last night, don't really want to finish cleaning, it's gray and snowing here, everyone else in the house is sleeping (including the dogs) BUT I've just got to do it and YOU DO TOO! Sometimes I feel like I spend more energy debating about whether or not to workout that it would just be easier to do my 30 and get it over with. You don't want to go into Valentine's weekend worrying about every little bite you take and feeling down for skipping a workout. Just pick a reason to do it today and do it. For me, I deserve a glass of wine tonight and I'm going to earn it! Your spirits will lift instantly, I promise you!!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Oh honey did I have that week last week! It does get better, definitely. I found that what helped me was to REALLY get into my workouts, even if it meant working out while watching tv at home (run, walk, march, jump, etc. instead of sitting) or listening to fabulous music during my workout. And my MFP friends. Good luck, and I hope we can help you through the icks!:flowerforyou:
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    BIG *hUgS* We all have days like this. I hope you feel better soon!
  • I can sooo relate! I am beginning this journey at an especially difficult time, as my job is so demanding and wipes me completely out every day. Yesterday was a 10 hour work day, and by the time I made it home, all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. I didn't allow myself the luxury, and I did feel better after a 45 minute session on the Wii. Today is about the same, and Friday night seems lie a good day to blow it off,but again, I am just going to force myself. Even if I don't go whole hog and push myself, I am at least going to do something. What I have done is planned a rest day, Sunday. I am going to bust my butt tomorrow to get all my weekend errands and chores done, and a good work out in so that Sunday I can really do nothing.
    It's hard. When I feel that way, I try to psyche myself into fight mode. Instead of feeling sad, I try to get mad and just fight back.
    Or make it your rest day, be easy on yourself, and save the fight for tomorrow. We can't be superwomen EVERYday.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Hang in there - we have all had days like this... Hold your head high and put a smile on and say 'it will get better'. You've done wonderful to date... you will continue! :bigsmile:
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    I can't thank you all enough! I just did 25 minutes of cardio boxing and I'm pumped to do some more!
This discussion has been closed.