Has anyone seen this website for "healthy dining out"

Options
I came across (well actually my coworker did!) this fabulous (thus far) website that gives you healthy dining options in restaurants based on zip code! I don't know how thorough it is for more rural places, but i plugged in some pretty small towns and still came up with dining options and love the websites format. No, you don't get all the nutritional value for every item, but it tells you up front how many options it has for you, provides a worksheet you can take to a local restaurant of your choosing so they can get on board. Don't know about you all - but I just am so happy to have another resource to help me eat out with an education!! (PS - hope it's okay to post the link - i'm new here, and just excited to have found it - not affiliated in any way, etc.)

http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/

Replies

• princessdauphine
    Options
    calorieking.com is also good for dining out - Thanks!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    bump....thanks for sharing
  • Sheri226
    Options
    I came across it last week when I was planning on going out to eat. I've learned to figure out what I'm going to order before I walk out of the house. Saves time at the restaurant plus you aren't surprised when you get home again and enter it into MFP. Most, but not all places have nutritional information on their website and this place filled in some of the gaps for me. You can also search by Restaurant names if they aren't listed under the zip code. Good luck.
  • GFKochik
    Options
    Thanks, I never saw that site before. It will make it easier to make healthier choices!
  • runner915
    Options
    I eat out pretty often with my boyfriend and I don't want it to derail my weight loss so this is great! I've found that at a lot of restaurants I may think that I'm ordering a healthy option, but really I would be much better off with something I hadn't considered before. I like the Eat This Not That books and articles on the web for chain restaurants.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Great site!