Need a little support right now

Options
I have been going at this for 3 week . I thought i was doing great per my old scale. Until the other day and My dh got on the scale and it said he was at 160 then 20 mins later he did it again and it said 180. So I took that one back and got a better scale. I stepped on and it says I am now at 325 lbs. I have been busting my back side at the gym and keep track of everything that goes in. So I am pretty much back to square one.

I did get a new food scale to day so that will my food journal more on point. I will be making some other changes this next week. However right now i am just down in the dump about this big time set back.

Replies

• isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My scale was doing the same damn thing, one minute I would be 10-20 lbs heavier than 15 minutes earlier, its absolutely ridiculous. My aunt has a really good scale so I go there once a week to get weighed!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't know definitively how much weight you've lost in those 3 weeks, rest assured that if you're sticking to an appropriate calorie intake for weight loss that you HAVE lost weight. Don't worry about the actual number. Just start tracking it now and keep up the good work!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hi - My name's Steph too. I weigh 257 right now, but have been as high as 343. I am determined to get this weight off. I log every day, so feel free to add me for support. :-)
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you shop wal mart but if you do check out the health of meter weight tracking scale SKu 8000611157 . It was on sale for 19.00. It can track up to 4 people weight.

I know i lost 2-3 inches
  • johnnytaj
    Options
    The healthiest way to lose weight is neither crash diets nor bursts of exercise. The body likes slow changes in terms of food and exercise.
    Try dietbestplans.com
    Its really effective
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am on a diabetic diet plain that was set up for me.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Well you certainly can't say you've graduated college because you passed or failed your first test in your first class, right?

This, like college, is a long-term time investment. Just because you feel like you've "failed" your first "test" doesn't mean all hope is lost and you are incapable of being successful.

I've failed two classes in college and I'm still graduating. I've fallen off the "bandwagon" a hundred times and I'm still losing.

You'll do fine. Don't get down on yourself. My cousin is 19 and started at 330 pounds a couple of months ago. She struggled at first, but now she's 31 pounds down and loving the 200's. This is her beginning and yours too. Just do it.
  • laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Hi Steph,

Don't worry about the scale!! Your starting weight was probably very different from what you thought too, so you may still have lost a lot. And, if you've lost inches but the scale isn't going down, it could be because you have built some muscle, especially as you have been going to the gym a lot. Muscle weighs more than fat...plus, water weighs a lot too and scales can differ by up to two kilograms throughout the day depending on water and sodium and food intake.

But even if you did genuinely gain (which I doubt!) you are on here and it can always start from today!
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Well you certainly can't say you've graduated college because you passed or failed your first test in your first class, right?

This, like college, is a long-term time investment. Just because you feel like you've "failed" your first "test" doesn't mean all hope is lost and you are incapable of being successful.

I've failed two classes in college and I'm still graduating. I've fallen off the "bandwagon" a hundred times and I'm still losing.

You'll do fine. Don't get down on yourself. My cousin is 19 and started at 330 pounds a couple of months ago. She struggled at first, but now she's 31 pounds down and loving the 200's. This is her beginning and yours too. Just do it.

Amen, sister. Well said!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree with what is being said here. Don't get discouraged because of the scale! Hang in there and keep going step by step.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I think its important to let the kettle boil and then make tea.

what I mean is, if you weigh yourself every week it could be a bit demoralising. In a lot of ways this isn't just about weight loss, and you can't just reach your goal weight and then hit burger king.

I didn't weigh myself for around 6 weeks, and was pleasantly surprised in the weight loss. I think its important to change the focus from just the physical to an overall healthy living perspective. I've learnt so much about having a balanced diet from using MFP.

have faith, keep going and weigh yourself on a proper BMI style scale at the pharmacy or supermarket. don't let home scales demoralise you!

:)