Has anyone tried calorie cycling?

Options
Pretty sure my metabolism is absolutely shot because of a tablet I have recently come off for my skin, so thinking of giving it a go...

What would be the best difference in calories? My BMR is 1500ish (so they say) and TDEE is 2200.

Replies

• 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Well I don't calorie cycle persay, but since the beginning I ate 1250-1300 cals a day, ate whatever the heck i wanted on Fridays and didn't eat back my exercise calories to make up for Friday and I lost a good chunk of weight. Even when I slipped Saturdays, I generally could lose weight, but the closer I have gotten to the goal I realize I can't have that many cheat days. Now I am just trying to eat under maintenance and I am doing ok.

ETA: I will blame my terrible run on sentences to the time of day it is :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I would eat about 400 calories more on the day I exercise and 400 calories less on the days I am resting.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I would eat about 400 calories more on the day I exercise and 400 calories less on the days I am resting.

I mean net... ps that wouldn't work for me as I only take 1 rest day a week
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My workouts lead to natural calorie cycling. Some days I burn 300 calories in my workout; some days I burn 1000 calories or more. I eat them all. On rest days I eat 1600 calories as a low day.

So the MFP way of just eating back exercise calories does that for me, but only because my workouts are so varied.
  • lori_oz
    lori_oz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is my very first post! I've been doing this for less than two weeks so can't really say if it works or not but I'm going the calorie cycling route with a 400 variation up and down from my average/target..

So I'm aiming for a weekly average of 1400 with the following pattern: Monday 1400 Tue 1400 Wed 1400 Thu 1000 Fri 1800 Saturday 1000 Sunday 1800. I like this because I find it naturally easy to do a very low cal day once or twice a week and really enjoy having a couple of highi-ish cal days to play with too.. this is all net calories btw.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm carb/calorie cycling right now. It seems to be working for me. I do m,w,f low carb w/ 1200 cal & the rest of the week is high carb 1500 cal. Sunday is my rest day and I can have up to 2400. If I eat all my calories that is a daily average of 1500. I do not eat back exercise calories at this point. I'm loosing an average of 2 lbs a week or so.