Same question, different person

Okay, so I know that everyone ask this question, but do I really have to eat all my cals? I mean my recommended daily intake is really high, 1,700 without exercise, and I am not hungry on less. So what do you people out there who have higher daily values think/do? do you eat all of yours? less? does it matter?

Replies

• Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Okay, so I know that everyone ask this question, but do I really have to eat all my cals? I mean my recommended daily intake is really high, 1,700 without exercise, and I am not hungry on less. So what do you people out there who have higher daily values think/do? do you eat all of yours? less? does it matter?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Yes, yes, and Yes!!

Seems like your calorie intake is a little high for weight loss. Might want to reconsider that.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    try having 2210 calories to eat in a day..... its tough some days and some days its not cuz i love me some food....but eat away:smile:
  • Starlightdusk
    lol, was at 2,200 but I was like thats too much, especially if I want to get my fitness on and eat those cals too. So I adjusted the goals thing to 2lbs a week instead of one. I dunno I just don't really believe in the whole starvation mode thing, I mean the reason you are not losing weight is not really going to be that you aren't eating enough. I guess I will try it for a while and see if it works.
  • vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    i eat my calories if Im still hungry ,im only suppose to eat 1200 a day and when I eat less then theres days when im NOT hungry and days when I am.... But If Im not hungry im not going to stuff my self so that i have all my calories. so I would say eat ur calories BUT if u r not hungry then dont......
  • nas12
    nas12 Posts: 2
    cut 200 to 300 calories .if you cut to many you will drop a few lb but your body will start to store fat so it good to eat six small meals
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    lol, was at 2,200 but I was like thats too much, especially if I want to get my fitness on and eat those cals too. So I adjusted the goals thing to 2lbs a week instead of one. I dunno I just don't really believe in the whole starvation mode thing, I mean the reason you are not losing weight is not really going to be that you aren't eating enough. I guess I will try it for a while and see if it works.

Riiight, that's why we are all so svelte here. :huh:
    Starved for 10 years. Only gained when I was pregnant. Never lost a pound before. I did watch my body start breaking down "eating" my muscle tissue though.

People are fat typically for 2 reasons.....they over eat....or they don't give their body the food it needs to survive. (This of course does not include medical reasons.)

If starving was the answer everyone would be doing it......Oh wait, they did for a while.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Starvation mode exists, and I've recently recovered from it.

The answer to healthy eating is to fuel your body. Please, believe it. The reason you're not losing weight CAN be that you're not eating enough. Truly. I lost steadily at first and then plateaued with about twenty pounds left to lose. They did not leave until I started eating all of my recommended calories. The last five left when I switched to maintenance calories.

In order for the system to work: you must report your calories and exercise (particularly effort level) accurately, and then eat what it tells you to eat.

Also, FYI: one of the primary symptoms of starvation mode is that your appetite disappears.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Hey :) I've lost 48lbs and I've eaten all of my calories since day 1 :) Your body needs a certain amount of fuel to function properly. Besides..we like to eat right? lol I chow down whenever I can! I say eat the calories, drink loads of water (i drink 80-96oz a day) and try to get a little more active :) Good luck! This is the best site for healthy weight loss out there, so you landed right where you need to be :):flowerforyou:
  • Starlightdusk
    Thanks everyone! this is why I love this site, everyone is super positive, and most seem like you have had success. I am going to try eating all my cal, I just need to not bad eat things that made me this way to begin with. It makes since though that it is only hard to eat all your cal when you are trying to eat healthy things like fruit and veg. where you get some much volume for so little calories.

anyway I hope everyone is having a good night!