Gyro

Options
Okay so I'm going to New York tomorrow.. And *kitten* it I'm treating myself to a gyro platter .. I dnt do cheat days but geez I love me some halal food :laugh: . Only thing is its street food, no nutritional facts and the only thing I looked up online was the highest cal count I could find and well I went with it.. Holy *kitten* really 2046 calories.. How would YOU squeeze this in? I mean I read somewhere that fasting it lowers your leptin levels and then u "feast" the next day and it raises them boosting fat loss? Who knows I'm no nutrionalist or scientist lol what would u do?

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I would just eat it and enjoy! :)
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Oh man I love this lol.. It's what I intend to do lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

This. Seriously.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with just enjoying food every once and a while. I would try to log it anyways, even if it puts you over, but don't feel bad about going over either!

The way I see it... what is the point of doing all of this work if we never get to let loose ever again, right?
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would EITHER eat normally, enjoy the extra food, and say "Ok, this is going to make my overall weight loss journey 5 days longer, but it's worth it" (seriously, 5 extra days out of 365, it's not so bad)

OR I would reduce calories by ~150/day over several days before-and-after, to compensate for the cheat day.

Hope you have a good time there!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Well what I did do was I literally only had some French onion soup and wonton soup and landed at bout 500 cals? That was yesterday the gyros about 2000 although I'm hoping its not! Lol normally I'm set at 1200 soooo. Ad earlier this week between my asthma machine and pocono mountain weather I slept just about all day and was short about -300 so that puts me about even I believe. Just in case I plan to ride my bike Sunday for bout an hour or 2 .. Is that how it works ? Calories count overall weekly or by day? Lol if it does then man will that b one guilt free gyro lol
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I usually aim to be even weekly. If I go over one day I will exercise a little more and eat a little less to make up for it. Of course if I go way over because of a special occasion, I just figure it may slow down my progress a little bit, but that is okay as long as I don't do it often.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

^^ this ^^. all day long.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    They ususally give you so much food that I eat a smaller portion....1/2 is only 1000 cal. Nut if its really good...enjoy and then adjust or workout more
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm going to New York tomorrow.. And *kitten* it I'm treating myself to a gyro platter .. I dnt do cheat days but geez I love me some halal food :laugh: . Only thing is its street food, no nutritional facts and the only thing I looked up online was the highest cal count I could find and well I went with it.. Holy *kitten* really 2046 calories.. How would YOU squeeze this in? I mean I read somewhere that fasting it lowers your leptin levels and then u "feast" the next day and it raises them boosting fat loss? Who knows I'm no nutrionalist or scientist lol what would u do?

have the cheat day! A few weeks ago my family went to the county fair. Hubby likes to "eat his way through", and I used to join him.

This time, I ate an entire gyro, then we walked for like an hour....then I got a small fries, ate 1/3 or less...then we walked a little longer. Hubby got a pepperoni stick ( sort of like a pizza egg roll), and I ate like 5 bites. We kept walking and DS#2 got a monster slice of pizza, and I ate like 4 bites...later we got elephant toes and I ate 3...after 5-6 hours of walking around, I had a steak tip sandwich. All that, and I still stayed pretty darn close to my daily intake--I may have even been under!!