Quest Protien Bars?

Options
I was wondering if any of you have tried them, they are pretty good...170 calories a bar 20g of protien and 19g of fiber. I am wondering if these are the best I will find or if there is something better?

Replies

• patmat
    Options
    I haven't tried the Quest protein bars but I am looking to purchase some to try. I use a Fooducate app and it rated that Quest bars as a B-, which isn't too bad. They rate the foods from A+ through F, and break the grade down to different categories for evaluation. It's a handy app and works well with MFP.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Quest bars rock! I first bought the combo packs - get to sample all the flavors. They are chewy, not candy bar or granola bar like at all.

My favorite flavors - coconut cashew, apple pie, and cinnamon roll.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Fooducate is an *AWESOME* app. I've learned alot about my everyday foods just by using this app. I definitely recommend it.

I personally don't believe in protein bars, but only because they seem to be candy bars in disguise.
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome I will checkthe app out thanks! Ive only tried the chocolate ones but hubby and I both like them.
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    Nutrionally speaking they are great. For me the texture was something I had to get used to, but they are much better slightly warmed in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Flavors will vary because of individual taste. I have bought them as singles from Netrition when I place orders. I may order 2 or 3 flavors to try. They are kind of expensive though. If you are just starting to eat healthier they may take some getting used to. If you already eat healthy and are used to less sugar and healtheir tasting snacks they will be more acceptable.
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    Funny thing. When I first ate it, they tasted soo good. But then I liked it less and less. Now I just hate them. Have a whole box left over and probably toss them out.
  • GinnieC100
    GinnieC100 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love, love Quest Bars! I buy them by the case.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Buy direct from quest here:
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/home.asp

Their website also has a place to show you where it is sold locally if you want to try 1 or 2 without buying a whole case (12 bars)
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love Questbars - I nuke mine in the microwave for about 20 seconds or so to get them soft and I'm good to go. My local GNC has them on sale right now at buy 3, get 1 free (it averaged $2 per bar). You can also find them at the Vitamin Shoppe and online.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love them....my day doesn't feel complete until I have had one for a snack or meal replacement.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Funny thing. When I first ate it, they tasted soo good. But then I liked it less and less. Now I just hate them. Have a whole box left over and probably toss them out.
    My wife's reaction was "I never want to taste anything like that ever again in my life". That was the apple and something one, which tasted very synthetic and smelled like an American airport
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    They are probably the healthiest bars that actual pack a decent amount of protein. I have one every day. They have minimal sugar, minimal ingredients and are loaded with fiber, protein and unsaturated fats. Only real downside is that they aren't SUPER tasty and they are expensive. I have had all flavors and they are all tolerable, but the chocolate peanut butter, chocolate brownie and cinnamon roll are the best I think.

Just be aware that most alternatives are barely-disguised candy bars. Most will have 2-3x the sugar as they do protein, which kinda misses the point of a "protein bar".

I've also had some pure protein bars which are almost comparable but are disgusting (to me at least).
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Quest protein bars but I am looking to purchase some to try. I use a Fooducate app and it rated that Quest bars as a B-, which isn't too bad. They rate the foods from A+ through F, and break the grade down to different categories for evaluation. It's a handy app and works well with MFP.

I checked that site, seems a little weird. They don't seem to give a lot of info around why they rated something the way they did. They gave the quest bars a B- but that's a bit misleading as that is the highest they rate ANY bar.

Hell, I was just looking at some jerky and they had it rated C+. The only comment was that their "food points" rating was 1, which was their best possible rating. So why is it a C+? Retarded site. Grading food on an individual basis is kinda pointless, you have to look at your diet from an overall perspective.