Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    - Where are your fruit and veg?
    - Add sodium to the list, a lot of those foods would be very high in sodium
    - How are you estimating calories burnt during workouts?
    - I always weigh myself after a rest day or else water weight and glycogen gets in the way. If you're working out every single day, why not take off one day a week?

^This. Try getting lean proteins, healthy fats, veggies, complex carbs and fruits. Most of your food is processed and processed foods lack important nutrients for your body to function properly.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing your diary
    you are eating enough
    try to eat cleaner
    and maybe try maintain calories for 2 months

maybe mix up your training a bit more

you seem to go over on days when you don't exercise
    you need to watch that - see that you average out ok each week
  • kaylabrianna
    Options
    The problem is that you aren't eating very clean. And I do believe you're eating TOO much. Try to not eat back all of your exercise calories, leave 250-500 spare (depending on how much you burn off) cut the processed crap! veggies fruits veggies!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    congratulations on the weight you've lost! Down from 250 is great!

You have very poor food choices! You need to eat a much more clean diet. It also looks like you're overeating at least one meal a day. You cannot trust the MFP exercise calculator. It gives you more calories burned than what you actually do. If you insist on eating back your calories, then you need to invest 100 bucks into a heart rate monitor.

There is so much information available to help you know what kind of foods are considered "clean". You will never meet your goals with the choices you are making now. You've heard the saying "you can't out train a bad diet". It is the truth!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    The problem is that you aren't eating very clean. And I do believe you're eating TOO much. Try to not eat back all of your exercise calories, leave 250-500 spare (depending on how much you burn off) cut the processed crap! veggies fruits veggies!

^^^ THIS! Plus I'd add try to up your protein, for those burns, if they're accurate, you should be eating way more to help your muscles. And processed foods = Sodium = water retention = "weight gain".
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Your sodium is off the charts, are you drinking enough water?
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Put the scale away for a while, eat clean, eat less, move more. I am short and we have to eat less than the taller people out there unfortunately. Your goal shouldn't be to lose weight anyway, it should be to lose fat and feel great, fit and healthy. Weight on the scale is overrated and the older you are, the harder it is to lose. Best to focus on health and fitness, then the scale will come naturally. Never give up though, because the alternative sucks. Teach yourself how to love healthy and clean food. mmmm
  • CaralynH
    Options
    Do you ever cook for yourself? From scratch? Your diet isn't just unhealthy, it must be costing you a fortune, all that pre-packaged stuff. I wasn't tracking sodium in my diary, but I've just added it out of interest to see what I consume, and it appears I am always, always under 1500 even though I don't even think about it.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    congratulations on the weight you've lost! Down from 250 is great!

You have very poor food choices! You need to eat a much more clean diet. It also looks like you're overeating at least one meal a day. You cannot trust the MFP exercise calculator. It gives you more calories burned than what you actually do. If you insist on eating back your calories, then you need to invest 100 bucks into a heart rate monitor.

There is so much information available to help you know what kind of foods are considered "clean". You will never meet your goals with the choices you are making now. You've heard the saying "you can't out train a bad diet". It is the truth!

This ^^^^^^ !!!
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Okay - it looks like you're at a pretty good weight so keeping that in mind, your diet is going to have to be ON POINT if you want to see results at this point. I'm very close to my goal weight as well, and this is what I had to do in order to make those last few pounds even think about budging:

1) Eat more protein and less carbs - this is JUST a suggestion (please anti-low carbers don't attack me! I eat tons of fruit and veggies!!). It really is calories in, calories out. However, when I started to follow a ratio of 30% carbs, 50% protein, and 20% fat - I really started seeing incredible results. It helped with my muscle tone too! Keep in mind that I do NOT plan on following these ratios forever. It is just to get to my goal weight. At that point, I plan on increasing my carbs again. Keep in mind these are CLEAN carbs - we're talking PRODUCE here. Plus! This is way more carbs than a typical low carb or Atkins diet - it's enough to have plenty of energy for high intensity exercise and to get plenty of fiber in - and yet low enough to keep your body from restraining the fat burning process due to excess insulin in the bloodstream.
    2) Get plenty of fiber. Very important. Somewhere between 25-35 g a day.
    3) Get a heart rate monitor. You'd be surprised how off the MFP exercise counter is.
    4) Get a food scale. You'd also be surprised at how off food labels are and how inaccurately you're estimating how much food you're eating.
    5) Eat clean!! No more processed junk!!
    6) Drink more water to combat the amount of sodium you're taking in. For every 700 mg of sodium you eat you should be drinking at LEAST 32 oz of water. I usually drink over 20 cups a day and it has reduced scale fluctuations significantly.
    7) Green tea seems to help. If it's a placebo, it's a placebo. But placebos work too! :D Warm drinks seem to decrease my appetite and it also gets more water into my system.

Personally I would start with one of these goals (especially #5) and start to get used to it before moving on to the others.

This worked for me! I'm not necessarily saying this is the end all, be all. For those of you who disagree with me, all I'm trying to do is help! :)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hear you clucking and have felt the same way. I decided to change my strategy a bit. I now eat the maintenance calories for my goal weight instead of the recommended deficit calories. This will help me get used to appropriate portions for when I finally get there. I don't mind taking my time at this point.
    I am also looking for ways to change my goals from what I lost to what I am gaining. Example: Rather than worry about calories burned, etc. I am looking at total number of pounds moved in my weight sessions. Focusing on the fact that I have up my strength by X amount of pounds per lift. Have increased my stamina in such and such exercise from 10 minutes to 15. Or upped my distance in the amount of time I worked, etc.
    It feels good to be able to say that my last full body dumbbell workout I moved 14,880 pounds in an hour. Or that my squat has improved by 10 pounds over last week. Or I did 2.6 miles in 12 minutes on my last bike run.
    The scale hasn't really moved much BUT, I try to keep in mind that the scale really ONLY knows the effect of gravity on my body, it has no idea what my body composition is. If it's a higher percentage of muscle, water retention from too much sodium the day before, or me just being fat, the scale has no idea.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    It also looks like you're overeating at least one meal a day.

What exactly is overeating one meal a day. If a person is in a caloric deficit for the whole day it doesn't matter how much they eat each meal. If they eat 300 for breakfast and 300 for lunch and all the rest for supper but are still at a caloric deficit for the day, it makes no difference. Meal timing is irrelevant. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using this calorie calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ with no more than a 15% calorie reduction. The calories it gives include your intended exercise calories, so you do not eat back your exercise calories. Try eating at that level for 3 weeks and see what happens. Also, if you don't weight train, start doing it. I don't know how tall you are, but I am guessing you are close to a good weight since you are male. If you weight train you could lose fat and still remain the same weight but your measurements will change, often drastically.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Have you checked your body fat percentage? Maybe 160 is way too low for you.
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This has worked for me:
    Less fat and processed foods.
    More fruit and veg.
    Lean sources of protein (skinless chicken, turkey, lean beef, fish).
    Get a HRM (mine cost about £30 and it calculates calories based on your stats).
    Weigh food. This can be a bit of a ball ache at first, but it will give you a good idea of quantities allowing you to estimate more accurately.
    Cook, although I appreciate this isn't for everyone. I personally get satisfaction from a home cooked meal that tastes delicious. Plus my missus is a lame cook.
    Don't get disheartened - what you have achieved is immense.