Sneezing fit after running

Options
Anyone have this problem? Am I crazy? I do have really bad allergies and am also diagnosed with athletes asthma (but never use my inhaler..I hate the way it makes me feel)

I do have something called photic sneeze reflex which is a genetic mutation basically that makes you sneeze when you go from a dim place to a bright place. A lot of people have it just probably never heard of it.

But ANYWAY ... does anyone else have this? I'm wondering if it's related to allergies/asthma. I've also heard you can be "allergic to exercise" which athlete's induced rhinitis?

Anyone like to put some info out there? I'm so curious

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    anyone ? :embarassed:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Not the sneezing this. But fall and spring outdoor allergies and I get asthma like symptoms from cold air. In my younger days (16-23) I would have a coughing fit after running in cold weather. Big balls of mucus. Nasty.
  • G_Wiz87
    Options
    I don't sneeze either, but I tend to get a runny nose for a little while after my runs.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a freak of nature. I have all sorts of weird quirky crap goin on with me hhaa.
  • motivated_man
    motivated_man Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to have sneezing fits after running laps round my university rec center's indoor fieldhouse - and I am not sure what caused it. I used to think it might be the musty air in the fieldhouse but maybe it's something else. And it used to last just for 15 minutes or so and did not bother me too much, I stopped worrying about it.
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen to me the last few times I've gone running. Yesterday seems to be the worst yet, within 10 minutes of finishing up my cool down, I started sneezing. It seems like every 15-20 seconds & after a couple hours, I feel so congested and like I've got a horrible sinus infection or head cold. I'm wondering if breathing more from my nose caused this? Has anyone tried taking an OTC anti-histamine before running? Curious if there was any relief with it.