what is the correct time to exercise...

Options
Should I do my exercise before or after I eat ? Does it matter if I just finish breakfast and ten min.s later start exercise ? :smile:

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'd leave it a bit longer ... Don't want your food ending up on the floor! Also depends how heavy a meal?

Edited for typo
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i find that i like to work out on a pretty empty stomach if i do it first thing in the morning. usually just coffee and maybe a banana.

for a while i used to wake up, have coffee and eat breakfast and an hour later after i digested and whatever, i'd hit the gym. the new way is much faster.

experiment. see what works for you.
  • tonkabella
    tonkabella Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm an early riser so my breakfast is usually about 7;30am which is usually about an hour after I have got up... I then go to the gym about 9 ish. Much as I love the gym I like to get it out of the way for the day
  • vicky11_17
    Options
    That's what i do breakfast about 7:00 and work out about 9:00 so far it's been good.
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I usually do it right when I wake up and haven't eaten yet. I like to work out on an empty stomach. If I do eat and then chose to workout, I wait at least two hours after I have eaten to do it. It's really up to you and what your body is able to handle.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different opinions and strategies on this topic. Check out this link, it is an interesting read and has intelligent responses by several folks:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek34.htm
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Experiment and find what works for you. I prefer to have something in my tummy, but at least 15-30 min after I eat.

Some people also report trouble sleeping if they work out just before bed!

Working out is what matters, not the timing of eating or anything.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't matter... Workout whenever works best for you - whenever fits in your schedule and you feel the best.