Insanity-Skipping rest days

Options
I'm currently a little more than half way through Insanity. I'm going to fly to see my husband graduate from MC recruiting school 4 days before I'm set to be finished. I haven't missed a workout so far. I'm considering skipping the rest days so I can be finished before I leave because I don't know how I will finish in a hotel. We are also driving back and have to make a stop in another state to pick up some of our things so the trip will be about a week all together so I don't want to wait to finish until I get back. Has anyone skipped the rest days? Obviously its going to depend on how I feel, if my body is really telling me I need it I will listen, but I typically run on rest days anyways. Thoughts?

Replies

• LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I understand the temptation to skip the rest days. I have done Insanity in a hotel, and it is a little harder than at home (especially if there are 2 beds in there - request one!)

I typically ride my bike or hike in the woods or do SOMETHING active on my rest days, but they were created for a reason.

My suggestion is to try it at the hotel. Don't overexert yourself. The program was designed that way for a reason.

(Then again, this is coming from someone who currently has a cold, just started up the Max Interval Circuit DVD, got through the warm-up and stretches and then realized that trying to workout today was a VERY, VERY BAD IDEA.)
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We have kids so getting only one bed won't work :(
  • NobodyInParticular
    Options
    The results you're looking for occur during rest days... not on workout days. You could slow down or stop your progress altogether by not resting.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I agree that results are accomplished on rest days. Muscle growth, repair & recovery.
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ok, no skipping rest days.
  • markyb1977
    markyb1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you miss a day then pick it up the next day as if you never missed it.

The same applies to any other day, if your not happy with results at the end, try the whole programme again! starting Day 1....