Threw Away My Temptations

Options
I felt tempted to have some Dove chocolate that I had stashed in the freezer the other night, but instead, I went and grabbed it and threw it in the trash. Then, I took out the cheesecake and all the other fattening desserts and threw them away. There's no more ice cream left in my freezer either. It feels good to have that stuff out of my house. I don't want to wear it on my body!

So, last night instead of having something sappy sweet or loaded in saturated fat, I made a chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie with whey protein. My husband and kids loved it too and it was healthy with just the right amount of good fat.

That was a success!

Replies

• barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!!!! Way to go!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    Good for you! I remember you from the addicted to ice cream thread (I swear I am, too)!!! So, I just thought I'd share.... last night I wanted ice cream really bad so I took a single serving cup of organic apple sauce and added lots of cinnamon and a 1/2 a packet of splenda. It was GREAT and actually killed my ice cream craving.... usually nothing works for me!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Great Job!!! Now the whole house is going to be the better for your decision to clean house!!! :drinker:
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the great work.
    When I get a craving, I drink a bottle of water, and then see what I'm craving. :smile:
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Or I add one small tablespoon of peanut butter to the fat free chocolate pudding cups. Low calorie and yummy!
  • ashlieh4048
    ashlieh4048 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yayy!!! I'm so proud :D
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It's been a few days since I tossed all that stuff and I am so glad. I am not going out to buy more, so it's forcing me to get busy and do other things besides eat at night!

Good luck to everyone else too!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I wish I had that kind of self control! I keep hershey's kisses on hand. I feel better knowing they are here in case I need them (spoken like a true fat girl!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!