I just want straight answer please. Here is my prob

Options
13»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said and the idea that you need to eat more and fuel your body. A couple of additional thoughts:

If you haven't taken a break from calorie restriction in a while, you should take a week or 2 and just eat a maintenance level. You may have a slight gain but you need to reset your hormones like gherlin and leptin. They are working against you right now.

Secondly, you have very little left to lose and losing that last few pounds can be the hardest ones to lose and will definitely not go away on a linear time line. To agressively restrict calories while trying to lose the last few lbs is never a successful strategy. You need to eat at a slight, like TDEE - 20% tops, deficit and it will take awhile. You may need to try stretegies like Intermittent Fasting and carb cycling to get at the last few pounds.

Thirdly, looking at your diary, you don't ever seem to be getting enough protein. You want to be getting at least .8 to 1 gram per lbs of lean body mass. This will help insure maitenance of as much lean muscle mass as possible.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more. I Just finished insanity and know that it's hard to do on lower calories.
  • lellie_zpk
    Options
    thanks for all the replies, I have adjusted my intake to 1500 + my exercise calories so I am going to try and eat them back so will be more around 1800 I should think on the days that I work out.
  • Krers
    Krers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll post directly out of the INSANITY Nutrition Guide.

This determines your basic energy needs.
    For Women: 655 + 94.35 x weight in pounds) = (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Now take your number from above and multiply by the level of exercise listed below. Since you're doing INSANITY, the "moderately active" or "very active" factor should apply.

1.2 - Sedentary - Little or no exercise
    1.375 - Lightly active - Light exercise (1 to 3 days/week)
    1.55 - Moderately Active - Moderate exercise (3 to 5 days/week)
    1.7 - Very Active - Hard exercise (6 to 7 days/week)
    1.9 - Extremely Active - Hard daily exercise and/or a physical job

The number that you have now will tell you your calorie needs for weight maintenance. In step 3 (this step), you'll adjust this number up or down, depending on your weight loss or gain goals.

*For weight loss, subtract 500 calories per day from your number in step 2.
    *For weight maintenance, do nothing, just use the number from step 2.
    *For weight gain, add 250 to 300 calories per day to your number from step 2.

Here's the link to the nutrition guide http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/Insanity Nutrition Guide.pdf
    It has what I wrote and an example, as well as some meals. Hope this helps!
  • lellie_zpk
    Options
    thanks for all the replies, I have adjusted my intake to 1500 + my exercise calories so I am going to try and eat them back so will be more around 1800 I should think on the days that I work out.

Before i did this calorie counting i was eating what i wanted without counting calories and was maintaining my weight.
  • kimb3r1019
    Options
    you need to eat more. If you dont eat enough your metabolism slows down and halts weight loss. Then you actually store food bc your body is in survival mode. make sure you NET at least 1200 calories. Good Luck!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    You should be netting more than 1200. 1200 is really just too low for most people. Even at my lowest weight (5'4" and 124lbs) 1200 was too low for me, and you're taller and weigh more. Especially if you're active, you just need more fuel for you body.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Those final 10 pounds are tough!
    When I hit this wall I increased my calories 200
    and walked 9 miles instead of 5
    I do not know why but this worked!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You don't have to wait until after your workout to eat your exercise calories. If you don't like eating that late, then just spread them out in the day, or let them roll over to the next day. When I was on 1200 calories a day (net, I ate my exercise calories too) I found that I was getting very tired. I felt much better when I raised my calorie goal, and I can perform my workouts better too.

ETA: I didn't notice you've only got 8 lbs to lose. I'd definitely go with as small a calorie deficit as you can, while still losing weight.

Ditto! I was sailing along beautifully at net 1200 --- and BAM - hit a wall. Felt like someone had wrapped me in a wet blanket! Upped my calories to net 1400 and feel a thousand percent better. Granted, the scale has stalled - but I feel amazing. Wasn't that the real point, after all? My clothes fit great, my energy is up, my mood is better... if I feel like this for the rest of my life, I don't really care what the scale says. :)
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Put some hi grade in the tank. Proteins and veggies, slow carbs. 1200 is way to low. This is only my opinion. I'm not a coach or a doctor or a health expert...I'm just a guy that lost 38 pounds. Good luck with your goal. :smile:
  • coffeeQ2hrs
    coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on this. I was watching the Dr Oz show (or The Doctors, idr) and they talked about eating something with magnesium can help give you boost of energy. Oatmeal is an option.

Best of luck to you!

or get magnesium serene, it's great, good for bones and cardiovascular system as well and contains everything you need for optimum magnesium absorption. plus it help you deal with stress since it calms the nervous system

the berry flavor is bomb!

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP2228/
  • everett9239
    everett9239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am doing my second round of Insanity and have just started using MFP about 3 weeks ago. I have stuck with the 1200 calories, but I have a HRM, and I log the amount of calories it says that I have burned, and I make sure I consume those extra calories. It has made all the difference in my weight loss. That being said, I eat more on my plyo and cardio days than I do on my recovery days (unless I add the upper body weight trainer). That's just what I do.
  • lellie_zpk
    Options
    I'll post directly out of the INSANITY Nutrition Guide.

This determines your basic energy needs.
    For Women: 655 + 94.35 x weight in pounds) = (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Now take your number from above and multiply by the level of exercise listed below. Since you're doing INSANITY, the "moderately active" or "very active" factor should apply.

1.2 - Sedentary - Little or no exercise
    1.375 - Lightly active - Light exercise (1 to 3 days/week)
    1.55 - Moderately Active - Moderate exercise (3 to 5 days/week)
    1.7 - Very Active - Hard exercise (6 to 7 days/week)
    1.9 - Extremely Active - Hard daily exercise and/or a physical job

The number that you have now will tell you your calorie needs for weight maintenance. In step 3 (this step), you'll adjust this number up or down, depending on your weight loss or gain goals.

*For weight loss, subtract 500 calories per day from your number in step 2.
    *For weight maintenance, do nothing, just use the number from step 2.
    *For weight gain, add 250 to 300 calories per day to your number from step 2.

Here's the link to the nutrition guide http://www.teamunify.com/cast/__doc__/Insanity Nutrition Guide.pdf
    It has what I wrote and an example, as well as some meals. Hope this helps!

This is based on a 1lb weight loss per as you are in deficit of 500cals per day. according to this i should eat 1846cal a day while doing insanity and not eating exercise calories back so in effect i will net about 1500 correct me if i am wrong.

so me setting my intake at 1500 and then eating back my exercise calories on the days i exercise will give about the same figures so 1500 + exercise (300) cals = 1800 total but only netting 1500.
  • lellie_zpk
    Options
    I am doing my second round of Insanity and have just started using MFP about 3 weeks ago. I have stuck with the 1200 calories, but I have a HRM, and I log the amount of calories it says that I have burned, and I make sure I consume those extra calories. It has made all the difference in my weight loss. That being said, I eat more on my plyo and cardio days than I do on my recovery days (unless I add the upper body weight trainer). That's just what I do.
    sorry to be nosey what was your starting weight.

my problem was i was doing 1200 and sometimes not eating my calories from exercise back so i would net less than 1200. im thinking 1500 on the days i work out and not eating cals back unless net is under 1200 i burn on average 300 - 400 cals per work out i really need to net at least 1200 but i stuggle when i have to play catch up at 10 pm after i workout.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    From the info you provided in your OP you really need to eat more!

Harris-Benedict Formula
    There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1514 calories.

Activity Level Daily Calories/ TDEE
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1817
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2082
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2347
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2612
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2877

Your activiey level is moderate to very active - take you 5-10% cut from that TDEE level
    1200 is lower than your BMR and way lower than what your burning!

This lovely friend did the work for you .... now use it ! You can safely eat and lose at 1800 to 2000 cals a day while doing Insanity.

Remember ... losing the 8 lbs is WAY different than an obese person trying to lose 50 to 100 lbs .... your weightloss will be slow, and that's ok ! This is not a race to the finish line ... it is about a healthy lifestyle that will give you overall improvement ... both physically and mentally.

1200 cals not only hurts your physical body ... but it is doing more harm to your brain power and mental capabilities than most ever care to admit. A lot of people will tell 1200 cal is perfect ... let me just say one thing ... if you can live on 1200 calories a day for the rest of your life ... knock yourself out !

By training your body to eat less and function on minimum .... you can expect minimum results. Eventually you will lose most of your lean body mass and then you have to ask yourself ... why was I doing Insanity to begin with ??? Defeated.

I hope you understand this process and allow the science to prove the results ... I see way to many people on here just jump ship and lose a bunch of weight ... only to find themselves now sinking in a " skinny fat " life. Sorry ... but that is just plain and simple. Thin doesn't look good by itself ... it's the muscles we make stronger that give a complete appearance the look most of us desire.

I wish you the best of luck ... and I hope you take your nutrition into consideration as well ... after all, our bodies are rarely composed in the gym ... it all begins in the kitchen !

Cheers to knowledge ... find your power !

:drinker:
  • lellie_zpk
    Options

Harris-Benedict Formula
    There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1514 calories.

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2877

Your activiey level is moderate to very active - take you 5-10% cut from that TDEE level

This lovely friend did the work for you .... now use it ! You can safely eat and lose at 1800 to 2000 cals a day while doing Insanity.

Remember ... losing the 8 lbs is WAY different than an obese person trying to lose 50 to 100 lbs .... your weightloss will be slow, and that's ok ! This is not a race to the finish line ... it is about a healthy lifestyle that will give you overall improvement ... both physically and mentally.

1200 cals not only hurts your physical body ... but it is doing more harm to your brain power and mental capabilities than most ever care to admit. A lot of people will tell 1200 cal is perfect ... let me just say one thing ... if you can live on 1200 calories a day for the rest of your life ... knock yourself out !

By training your body to eat less and function on minimum .... you can expect minimum results. Eventually you will lose most of your lean body mass and then you have to ask yourself ... why was I doing Insanity to begin with ??? Defeated.

I hope you understand this process and allow the science to prove the results ... I see way to many people on here just jump ship and lose a bunch of weight ... only to find themselves now sinking in a " skinny fat " life. Sorry ... but that is just plain and simple. Thin doesn't look good by itself ... it's the muscles we make stronger that give a complete appearance the look most of us desire.

I wish you the best of luck ... and I hope you take your nutrition into consideration as well ... after all, our bodies are rarely composed in the gym ... it all begins in the kitchen !

if i work out my calories using the formula in the insanity i should eat 1800 in total not eating calories back from exercise. I have set my diary at 1500 because i will eat my calories back from my workout 300-400 a time so will still be eating 1800cals a day and netting the same. I will never be skinny fit to much *kitten* and hips on this body and I like it that way. i get the whole Brm and tdee which is why i have now adjusted my diary.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options

Harris-Benedict Formula

if i work out my calories using the formula in the insanity i should eat 1800 in total not eating calories back from exercise. I have set my diary at 1500 because i will eat my calories back from my workout 300-400 a time so will still be eating 1800cals a day and netting the same. I will never be skinny fit to much *kitten* and hips on this body and I like it that way. i get the whole Brm and tdee which is why i have now adjusted my diary.

~ Perfect ! You will be soooooo much happier and healthier when eating the 1800 calories ! I wish you the best of luck !

:flowerforyou:
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    No energy says you are not fueling enough. Up your calories, more protein, and FEED THE MACHINE!!!!
    D
    This is really all you need to know. The formulas help and all that. But just like MFP, they are just guidelines. You need to figure out what works for you.

And if you follow the Insanity guide, I can guarantee you that you will not lose weight or you will lose very little. The guide overly is terrible in my opinion. I love Insanity but if I had followed the guide, I would have never seen abs.
  • lellie_zpk
    Options
    No energy says you are not fueling enough. Up your calories, more protein, and FEED THE MACHINE!!!!
    D
    This is really all you need to know. The formulas help and all that. But just like MFP, they are just guidelines. You need to figure out what works for you.

And if you follow the Insanity guide, I can guarantee you that you will not lose weight or you will lose very little. The guide overly is terrible in my opinion. I love Insanity but if I had followed the guide, I would have never seen abs.
    Thank you this help I have gone half way between the two 1800 I think is to much and 1200 to little so going with 1500 and will see how I get on. Xx
  • everett9239
    everett9239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry I took forever to reply....my starting weight was 140. My weight right now is 125.8.