High protein meals

Options
Hey! So I have looked at my diary and have seen that carbs are taking up the majority of my meals, trying to get protein as the main part if the meal but struggling as im on a budget and pasta, rice, frozen veg it's much more to what I can afford. Anyone have ideas of high protein meals more up my street?

Replies

• charl_hcafc
    Options
    I still eat pasta and rice but have changed to brown rice and wholewheat pasta.
    I love broccoli which is a good protein source. Though I always eat fresh broccoli I doubt frozen would differ much..
    Also eggs! Fairly cheap to buy and really versatile - poached, scrambled, omelettes..
    Ooh and I love cheese, I eat feta and I put it into salads, crumble into an omelette or stuff chicken breasts with it.

Hope that helps!
  • KateParker01
    KateParker01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Eggs are your friend. Or canned tuna is very high in protein and usually very cheap. So omelettes, scrambled eggs, fritatas, spanish tortillas etc, and tuna veg pasta bake - heavy on the tuna, light on the pasta. Or lentils, a perfect power packed protein carb ratio in one product.
  • mynameismita
    Options
    Beans: extraordinarily high in fiber and protein. Also a super cheap staple with a lonnnnnng shelf life.

Eggs, canned tuna, broccoli & kale as well.