Hotel room fitness - ideas please

Options
It seems so many have so much success with 30 day shred, P90x and others but they all require structured commitment. I travel quite a bit for work and need something like those programs that can be done in a hotel room in front of my computer or while home so I stay on track.

Ideas please?

Replies

• MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Aren't some of them on youtube?
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    30 day shred is actually really regular exercises. Alot of them were what I was doing as my "at home" workout before I started. I highly recommend at least using the exercises off of it. What I'm doing is instead of following the video, just putting the exercises in notepad and doing them until I can no longer cope, then doing them again XD

So there's no commitment involved, it's just plain exercise.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Aren't some of them on youtube?

This and I believe there are lots of workouts on Netflix too...and something called bodyrock tv (someone correct me on this). Try to always carry some resistance bands with you (weights would be a bit cumbersome) and a pair of running shoes :)
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am not usually home from work early but the other day when Michelle Obama was on I happened to be home. She takes a jump rope and boy can she do some cardio with that rope. There were like 6 different ways she used it. Maybe a jump rope and something heavy that you could use for weights? Even resistance bands would be good.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Many hotels have workout rooms.

Fixed a typo
  • cyndispot
    Options
    I take the tapes with me. for weights (and the will be light, but still) get some water jugs or bottles or use resistance bands.
    Bodyrocktv.com. I do these all the time in hotels.
    Any workout DVD travels well and can be accommodated for hotel rooms (okay, maybe just most).

really anything for your home living room will work in a hotel room. you may have to move a piece of furniture or change an angle in the room, but it will work.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I downloaded several Jillian Michaels Videos to my iPad. I do them in the hotel gym sometimes if it is empty, or in my room. Also check out the book (or app) You Are Your Own Gym. Lots of body weight exercises you can easily do in a hotel room.
  • Jaxster92708
    Jaxster92708 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There is also an app called "Daily ______ Workout" (fill in the blank with whichever workout). They have cardio, arms, legs, butt, ball...can't remember all of them. I have it on my Nook/Droid.

I agree with the resistance bands: bring them with the little anchor that goes under or in the door and attachments for your ankles and you're set. And, ditto the jump rope idea (although you may not be able to do that in your room).

Good luck!
    Jackie
  • Dianecg
    Dianecg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone!
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bumping to mark post :)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If you are also strapped for time, which I find a lot as I travel, look up 4 minute Tabata drills. Doing 1 or 2 of these will spike your heart rate and get your metabolism fired up for the day.
  • samlankford
    Options
    you can take resistance bands with you for some "strength" workouts... you can pretend that you have a jump rope and do a few different "types" of jump rope, same thing with jumping jacks... pushups you can do a few different ways, tricep dips...
  • Cindi_Rella1
    Cindi_Rella1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Zuzana Light ZWOW workouts are really good and the ones I have done don't require any equipment. There are also tons of workouts posted on Pinterest if you have an account.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pikachv
    Options
    Turbo fire
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    bumping to save these. thanks.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot as well and I was worried about it at 1st. I take my P90X on the road. (Plyometics, Yoga, Kenpo, Core Synergistics, and XStretch) I just mix them in with the treadmill, elliptical, and/or swimming.