Just joined 3 days ago

Options
Hello everyone. I just joined mfp 3 days ago and I am so glad I found it. I need to lose 250 pounds. No, that is not a typo and yes I am morbidly obese. I was approved for gastric surgery but my son is so afraid for me to have it that I decided I would give the calorie counting a try. I am prone to blood clots so the surgery would be very dangerous for me. So far this week I have lost 7 pounds. I know it wont be that great of a weight loss each week, but I feel good and with the help of the friends on this site, I hope to be successful. I am in this for my life. And I don't want to fail!!! I invite any and all friends to go on this journey with me. I need all the help I can get.

Replies

• sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! And what an inspiration you are - going with the option of eating well to lose weight instead of putting your life at risk with surgery. You are brave! This is a fantastic website and you will find lots of support and information. All the best with your journey! I have sent you a friend request. I am on here every day and love celebrating people success with them! :-)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!, this is a super site!,, great support people here!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you in your journey and a massive well done for choosing the healthy route to get back on track.
  • levstein
    Options
    I have added you as a friend. I am on here every day and have so much determination to lose weight and gain fitness and health. I too joined for health reasons. This is a fantastic site but like every program will only work if you put in the effort. I will help and encourage you but you are the only one who can do this for you. Be strong and you will succeed.
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    well done for binning tthe surgery option! This is a brilliant website with loads of support when you need it . . .all you've got to do is keep logging in! good luck :happy:
  • micowl
    Options
    Good on you, I joined today and am very excited to know where I have been going wrong.
    This is a wonderful site and I hope we both have success. cheers michelle
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great place for support. I'm glad you found it.

Sparkpeople.com has some great articles that can also help you get on the right track. If you go there and need friends, I have the same Screen Name there as here. They have great low impact workouts as well as workouts that you can do while sitting. I don't know if that's something you need, but I'm throwing it out there. I still do all of my logging here, but it's still a wonderful site full of information.
  • srhargraves
    Options
    wow, I am overwhelmed at the response so far. I need all the help I can get, and the sit down exercise suggestion is awesome. That is one thing I lack in because of my immobility so that is wonderful. Would love to have some good breakfast recipes. I have no problem finding good stuff to eat for lunch and dinner, but I get sick of oatmeal and cereal for breakfast. I do like eggs, but I want something different. It seems like if I eat a really good breakfast, then I am not hungry or have an appetite all day. I like to keep my calorie count for breakfast around 400 calories so if you have a good recipe, please share it!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I love your determination. You can do this! FR winging it's way to you..! :bigsmile:
  • 38jaybird
    38jaybird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • mzgenius
    mzgenius Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hello hope all goes well with your journey and i wish you the best of luck :)
  • psychopuff
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I would love to support you as a friend. I think that your decsion is wonderful and I love this site, there are so many people that are genuinely honest and open and will help you through your life changin journey!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself for taking this step. This will help you. It is an eye opener when you start logging the food. I have been a yo-yoer too and have decided that at my age this needs to stop. I would like to join you on your journey and encourage you on the way to a healthier you. Sending a friend request.
  • Kimberlie2012
    Options
    I wish you all the support and encouragement you need. You have made a brave decision to forego surgery and do it the old fashion way even if it is harder. I just joined last night in the wee hours when I found this site looking for something else. I'm so glad I did. This is my first post so I'll send you a friend request when I figure out how.
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So glad you are getting so much support! I knew you would and I'm glad I shared MFP with you! We will ALL do great! Keep logging in.....we all need each other on this journey....