Help with my protein points (grams?)

Options
I always have a really hard time staying under my protein goal on here i eat a lot of chicken and fish for dinner because thats what i like and my normal breakfast is granola cereal with low fat milk..lunch is usually just a sandwich or progresso soup...what am i doing wrong? im always under my calories but way over my protein....suggestions?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    It's ok to go over on protein! The setting for protein on here are pretty low to start with. Your protein is what keeps you full. I always go over, yesterday I went over by nearly 50% and I adjusted my protein to 40%... So don't worry :smile:
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein pretty low, so I wouldn't worry about going over. you can change your macro goals if you want though.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not madly excessive then don't worry. I agree that the default settings on MFP are very low - I aim for 100g per day.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's good and healthy if your protein is high... I am here struggling to increase my protein... =) If you do exercises before and then eat these foods, it is also good...
    In both ways, u are in safer side =)
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Eating more protein keeps you from feeling hungry. Alter your goals to 30% protein, 40% carbs, 30% fat manually if you don't like the red numbers.
  • charl_hcafc
    Options
    You can't go wrong going over your recommended protein intake. I changed my goals to custom and I aim for 100g of protein each day..
  • Kookie215
    Kookie215 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow okay someone told me a while ago on here that protein made you gain which is why i was worried! thanks everyone!