cucumber chips!

Options
I have this habit of munching while I'm on my computer doing work. Today I decided to slice a whole cucumber, add some salt and munch away...no guilt! I crave salty foods, like chips and popcorn, so this absoblutely hit the spot and I didn't feel deprived! I will face my triggers, my weaknesses and hit them head on! I will not give up!

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I like dipping cucumber slices in sriracha sauce, but it's pretty spicy!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i add salt pepper and vinegar mmm!

also try cutting sweet potato into really fine, thin slices; throw a spice over and pop it into the microwave. so yummy!!
  • jessa_24
    Options
    Great idea, I love eating sliced cucumber but after a while it does get a bit boring..
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, though keep an eye on the sodium if you're using regular salt. :drinker:
  • christineczekala
    Options
    I love cucumbers! I also use sliced raw carrots to dip into salsa.
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Ooo good idea and I need the extra potassium and sodium from lite salt anyway! I'm adding cukes to the commissary list right NOW!
  • Kimdidit
    Kimdidit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! Me too... I love chips..and your idea would work for me. Thanks for sharing :)

Kim:smile:
  • donnas144
    donnas144 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    mmmm a mint dip would be nice to go with. fat free greek yogurt and mint mmmnn
  • Jackiered79
    Jackiered79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's true about the sodium, but considering the cucumber's sodium in comparison to the chips or popcorn, I'd say you're no worse off and you've saved yourself alot of calories!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber - and just realised from this thread that it is largely because it's so crunchy! I like the combination of cheese and cucumber.
  • Jackiered79
    Jackiered79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, cucumbers can get boring if you are eating them in a meal, but if you are 'absent eating' anyway, which is what i do (i look down from the screen and realize i've eaten way too much of anything!) then you might as well place cucumbers into that bowl!... or whichever veggie you like. I just like the cucumbers because they are mild and take on the salty flavor that I crave.