NSV- "Skinny" Jeans

Options
So just on a whim, I tried on a pair of jeans that have been sitting in my closet with the tags on for literally five years because they were too small (and i originally bought them to motivate me to lose weight way back in the day, which never happened). I never got rid of them because I would always tell myself "One day, they'll fit."

I just buttoned and zipped them.

Four months ago, they were 2.5 sizes too small, and I was 37lbs too big.

It took a lot of wriggling and squirming and sucking-in to get them on, and they don’t fit over my hips as well as I’d like so I have an all-around muffin top, and I won’t actually be wearing them in public any time soon. But I could theoretically put on a shirt and walk out of the house wearing them.

I'm so excited to finally take the tags off and wear them! Five years of gathering dust in my closet has been a long, long time.

Replies

• oligracemom
    oligracemom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations! You'll be strutting your stuff out in them , in no time!
  • dlee0709
    Options
    congrates. What is your secret
  • chinasaurus86
    Options
    congratulations!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling. Great job on the NSV. :smile: Your hard work is paying off.
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • Devonwood
    Devonwood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    congrates. What is your secret

I'm on a mix of low-calorie, low-carb diet because of other health issues. I try not to eat over 100 carbs a day.

But honestly, the "secret" is simply logging in every day. On days where I "mess up", or I don't know the calories of what I'm eating (like yesterday, I ate hibachi chicken and vegetables at a Chinese buffet, and then some pieces of sweet and sour chicken, to boot), I still log on and input the food that I know I ate. That encourages me to not just have a complete throw-away day. I ate poorly at lunch yesterday, but I had a healthy breakfast and healthy snacks, and that kept me from binging. Logging in also motivates me to log my food, even when I don't want to. I browse the forums for a bit, look at my friends' posts, and then think "Well, while I'm here I might as well log what I ate." The community aspect of MFP is really a game-changer for me in terms of dieting.

ETA: And thank you, everyone! :)
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!