Hit my 10% w/ pics!!

Options
Merithyn
Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
Today marks 125 days of logging into MFP. It also marks 10% down from my original weight of 184. At 5'2", losing 18.4 lbs is a lot, as you can see by the pics that follow. If there's any advice that I can give to you guys, it's don't give up on yourself. I've lost ridiculously slowly it seems to me, but now that I'm looking back I realize that I averaged 1 pound a week, exactly what I was hoping for. It didn't feel like it while I was losing it. It felt like I was just drifting along, losing a bit here, gaining a bit there. Now, I look at my pictures and I realize: wow! I worked my butt off! Literally!

You will find tons of great advice here, some of which works for you and some that doesn't. Figure out what works best for your lifestyle and your physique. We're all special snowflakes, so what works for one may not work for another, but the base is the same for all: Burn more than you take in.

I'm so proud of me. Who would have thought that I'd get here? Heck, in a couple of weeks I'll be running my first 5k! And next summer, I'll be doing my fourth half-marathon, but this time, I'm planning to RUN that darn thing! Stick with it. Put yourselves first. And know that we've all been there, so we really can help. :heart: you all!

FourMonthFront-1.png

FourMonthSide-1.png

FourMonthBack-1.png

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Great Job....yes I think we all can feel how slowly it comes off...but love the benefits of how it makes us look and the results...You look amazing....TOTAL difference and you should be so proud...
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Wow!! You look so good!!! Thanks for the motivation!:drinker:
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Woot!!! way to go buddy!! I have been waiting for some new pics. Amazing results from your amazing dedication!
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow, you can really see an amazing difference, your legs esp look much thinner. I've lost 23 lbs, 26.5 will be 10%, and although I definitely feel a difference, it doesn't show yet as I was much heavier to start and I am 5'9".

Congrats on such a great accomplishment, and good luck on those races!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You go girt! Thanks for the inspiration. Thats just what I needed to see today as I am not getting much of anywhere but treading water with my weight.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well, Merithyn! Congratulations on all your hard work. You look great! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Okay I get it now!!! lol... Nice work!! Looking great!! You'll lose the rest no doubt!!
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job!

And you point out something really important for people starting out: take photos and measurements to track your progress. It will help motivate during those times when the scale is moving slowly or not at all. You may not notice changes day to day and week to week, but taking photos throughout the process can really show you what you've accomplished.
  • Merithyn
    Options
    You go girt! Thanks for the inspiration. Thats just what I needed to see today as I am not getting much of anywhere but treading water with my weight.

I feel like this a LOT! I've found that I can go several weeks and not lose much of anything, but when I take my measurements, I've lost several inches. Take measurements - and lots of pictures! THAT's where you're going to see the biggest difference. The scale is nothing but a big, ugly brick, and I ignore it as much as I can.
  • Merithyn
    Options
    Wow, you can really see an amazing difference, your legs esp look much thinner. I've lost 23 lbs, 26.5 will be 10%, and although I definitely feel a difference, it doesn't show yet as I was much heavier to start and I am 5'9".

Congrats on such a great accomplishment, and good luck on those races!

Take pictures! I promise, you'll see a HUGE difference when you do that. If I hadn't started taking pics, I would still feel like I hadn't done much of anything (really?? Only 18 pounds after four months???) but I see those pics and I realize, wow! I have done GREAT!
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Wonderful transformation! I'll bet you just feel way better too - that's what I'm after more than anything. I want to feel good again!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Holy guacamole! amazing job and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I love inspirational stories such as yours :) how terrific!
  • Louie1956
    Louie1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!! Amazing pictures!! What an encouragement to ALL of us our here struggling on this Saturday afternoon.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!
    LindaLou
  • Merithyn
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG !!! In the drama of my life, I missed this !!! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC !!! I am so VERY VERY proud of you !!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!