cleanse

Options
going to start a 21 day cleanse on Monday 10-8 wish me luck. I have seen some amazing results and hoping to have the same
Anyone ever done one?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    A cleanse?
    Is that like a fast?
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    no fasting involved.. LOL I could NOT handle that.. Just all clean meals
  • joankpoirier
    Options
    it's not a fasting diet.,crash diet or a synthetic meal replacement.
    It's an integrated, whole-body reset solution—a step-by-step program that lets
    you have real food,
    my nephews did about 2 months ago and LOVED
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If its just clean eating, why do it for 21 days? Why not just do it?
  • dmeyrich89
    Options
    I have done the Advocare 10 day cleanse every 3 months for about 2 years. I am doing it now!!! Great way to clean out the body and feel good!!!
  • lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What does it involve?

What do you eat/drink?
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

every day. for life. :bigsmile:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Right? Isn't this what we're always supposed to do?
  • joankpoirier
    Options
    YES you are all very right Eating clean and Healthy. It is just a little more involved. I am starting this next week and was looking for friends to do this with:happy:
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    you have real food,
    What does that even mean??
    Why not just eat the real food and be done with it?
  • joankpoirier
    Options
    I somehow knew this would spark a bunch of different opinions
    There are different steps
    1 balancing its inner chemistry and preparing it for change
    2, Release the toxic compounds that are clogging your cells and stored within your tissues
    3, Restore your metabolism with the nutrients, enzymes, and probiotics
    you have real food,
    What does that even mean??
    Why not just eat the real food and be done with it?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You will not find a lot of support for cleansing here...
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My organs work just fine so I do not need a diet cleanse... a shower cleanse, on the other hand, *sniffs self* I could really use one of those.
  • joankpoirier
    Options
    understood and accepted..
    You will not find a lot of support for cleansing here...
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    So out of curiosity - is this a shameless plug for the Beachbody 21 day cleanse? I see you're a coach. No offense, but these types of posts always seem to be a sales pitch in disguise.

Or, are you NOT doing the Beachbody ultimate reset?

I might be a little sensitive - in my 90 days with a beachbody program, I got no educated support from coaches, just the constant sales pitch disguised as "I want to help you meet your goal, yada yada yada". If I wasn't buying, they weren't coaching. (I'm not accusing, but explaining why I am pretty jaded about BB)

From the Beachbody website:

Why 3 phases of Ultimate Reset?
    RECLAIM
    In Phase 1, you Reclaim your body, balancing its inner chemistry and preparing it for change—much like soap loosens grime.

RELEASE
    In Phase 2, you Release the toxic compounds that are clogging your cells and stored within your tissues—like a purifying surge of clear water that flushes away years of impurities.

RESTORE
    In Phase 3, you Restore your metabolism to maximum efficiency, while fortifying your body with the nutrients, enzymes, and probiotics it needs to maintain healthy performance in the future.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    For myself, you say you're going to do a 21 day cleanse but I have no idea what that actually means! I think some other responses are because people are assuming it means something that they have come across before, but which may not be what you are talking about.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I somehow knew this would spark a bunch of different opinions
    There are different steps
    1 balancing its inner chemistry and preparing it for change
    2, Release the toxic compounds that are clogging your cells and stored within your tissues
    3, Restore your metabolism with the nutrients, enzymes, and probiotics

I don't think you've really explained what you're doing, so of course people are going to question what's happening when the word cleanse is involved. You list these steps, but it sounds like complete pseudo-sciencey jargon unless you explain exactly HOW all of those things supposedly happen. What is involved in each step? What do you eat/ do?

LOVE the St. Bernards, btw.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have done the Advocare 10 day cleanse every 3 months for about 2 years. I am doing it now!!! Great way to clean out the body and feel good!!!

i'm starting the 24 day challenge and today is my first day.... please tell me the fiber drink is not going to kill me lol that is the nastiest thing i've ever done!