what's for supper tonight?

Options
I am having whole wheat pasta, homemade ground chicken meatballs and some sauce...YUMMY!!!!!! :)

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Homemade Chili. My first try at it, lets hope that what I threw in the pot tastes good together!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hamburger helper. Yeah, we're original.
  • canadagirl79
    Options

are you making ur own?? we love HH but am hesitant to use the box stuff
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    I made a chicken stir fry, with peas, peppers, mushrooms, celery and onions!! wonderful!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    teriyaki chicken and brussel sprouts with steamed rice
  • EternalLife
    EternalLife Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had a low fat cheese and rocket omelette. It was lovely :)
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thai surimi crab curry on brown rice
  • kiwiraz
    Options
    I think I will have a spicy black bean cheeseburger with cottage cheese and veggies!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    We're going out - the local pub has 300 calorie plates....mahi mahi, grilled veggies and salad.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

Nope. Straight from the box. Why are you hesitant? We use ground turkey instead of ground beef. We are also selective about which HHs we buy. Usually we pay attention to the ones with lower sodium. Often lower sodium = lower cal.
  • canadagirl79
    Options

Nope. Straight from the box. Why are you hesitant? We use ground turkey instead of ground beef. We are also selective about which HHs we buy. Usually we pay attention to the ones with lower sodium. Often lower sodium = lower cal.

yeah it was the sodium that worried me..i have a couple here i just haven't checked the label lol
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Am leanimg towards salmon and rice pilaf but would REALLY rather have pizza. But I overdosed on lunch so need to tame it down for supper so I don't go over.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Organic buffalo burgers on organic wheat buns with a ton of veggies on them. Maybe a glass of wine? Maybe some sweet potato fries.

Friday nights have officially been dubbed hamburger night in our house for the time being. Until we get sick of them. LOL
  • TheGreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I pre-seasoned some pork chops this morn. Gonna shake and bake 'em in my nuwave, bit of steamed veggies and taters, and prob diced pears.

Epoeraven- Love Fraggle Rock!
  • ractayjon
    Options

yeah it was the sodium that worried me..i have a couple here i just haven't checked the label lol

Hello my name is ractayjon and I am a Hamburger Helper-aholic! OMG! I LOVE that stuff -- and the tuna helper...i will eat the whole box! A pepsi and an entire box of tuna helper and Im all set - well, I used to be all set in my old life...now I make my oen tuna "helper" but it isnt the same. As for HH LOVE IT! I used ground turkey usually but again I will eat every flavor way to much....
    it has a lot of sodium and butter but every once in a while if you dont eat it all in one sitting (lol) ENJOY!
  • ractayjon
    Options
    dinner tonight - sauteed broccoli and mushrooms with a dash of parm cheese and some olive oil - along with some carbmeat salad....
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    broiled polenta topped with a mushroom ragout and green beans on the side!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    trying the cottage cheese/egg pasta bake i seen on a thread earlier,... throwing in some spinach for good measure :)
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I am having whole wheat pasta, homemade ground chicken meatballs and some sauce...YUMMY!!!!!! :)

As in you're making the meatballs yourself or as in your grinding your own chicken and making the meatballs?
    Often lower sodium = lower cal

I actually tend to find the opposite is true. They use sodium to keep from using more fat and sugar. Consequently, when they take out the sodium they have to put the taste back in with calories.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Shrimp salad with feta cheese and watercress tossed with a vinaigrette dressing. I have some marinated flank steak in the refrigerator and my husband can have some of that in addition to the shrimp salad if he gets too hungry. I found that my local grocery store has the tiny Pacific Shrimp, already cooked and peeled, in convenient freezer bags for only $4 a pound. Three ounces has only 80 calories and I love them.