Raspberry Ketones

Options
RE: RASPBERRY KETONES 100mg ,GREEN COFFEE BEAN & GREEN LEAF EXTRACT

I just bought these last night at Walmart (Spring Valley brand). Already took them no side effects yet, except I lost a lb overnight and 1/2 lb just now on the scale.. but I am dieting so could just be a coincidence. I've done a little more research after the fact.. and was wondering if anyone else has been taking these supplements ?.. If they had any side effects or success. I am a bit skeptical now that I have read some mixed contriversy (exspecially the Raspberry Ketones).. Any info would be great! Thanks. Also a friend is breastfeeding and considering trying this.. I just don't know .. I will be asking my Dr. when I go next week.

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    If your Dr. has any common sense he'll tell you you wasted your money..congratulations. And the 1.5 lbs you lost in the last 24 hrs is water.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I honestly have never heard of respberry ketones, but for your friend who is breastfeeding, she should absolutely NOT use any supplements without asking either her OB doc or her baby's pediatrician. So many things can transfer through the breastmilk, and what may be fine for an adult could seriously damage a child.

I'm sorry if this sounded like a rant, I just love children and try to do everything I can to prevent harm from coming to them... even the accidental kind.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    waste of money. don't be a sucker
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like raspberries.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Raspberry Ketones for the last 2 months and to be honest I have not noticed any difference and to me just a waste of time and money. Hope this helps!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    In the future, if you hear about a "miracle" weight loss supplement, you might want to ask here first BEFORE wasting your money.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    RK is a waste of money. Plenty of others drugs out there that do a better job.
  • bellanaomi84
    Options
    Im not sure I would ask anyone on here again... I didn't ask for jokes.. I am looking for REAL answers.. Weight loss miracle. NO, not looking for that. I know losing weight takes dedication and hard work which I do everyday. If I find something that will "help", I will add it to my routine.. Just looking for someone who can relate w/ info not criticize.. Don't get me started with jokes...I can rip those few from head to toe..
  • jjshulou
    Options
    Some people can be real a-holes on the internet. I had the same questions about these supplements. I read an article by Dr. Oz and he suggests that these can actually work.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've seen quite a few identical posts here on this subject, and the feeback says that there is no evidence that RK will help you lose fat. It was highly touted on an episode of Dr. Oz, who may have a financial stake in their sales. The consensus here is that they are a waste of money. I haven't seen anyone say that they are effective. I just thought I'd throw my hat into the ring.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Some people can be real a-holes on the internet. I had the same questions about these supplements. I read an article by Dr. Oz and he suggests that these can actually work.

Meh. Telling people that stupid gimmicks are stupid isn't being an *kitten*.
    Encouragin people to do the stupid gimmicks would be more along the lines of being an *kitten*.

"Try the raspeberry ketones in conjunction with a juice fast or cabbage soup diet. That will really give a kick start to your weight loss!" <-- that would be the most assholish thing I could do say on this website.

"Raspberry Ketones are for suckers. Don't be a sucker" <-- that would be sound advice.

Dr. Oz. LOL
  • bellanaomi84
    Options
    Just forget it! Ill find what answers else where. Waste of precious time reading senseless post, now thats wasting money.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Why couldn't you just eat raspberries? I'm sure it would be cheaper than a magical diet pill. Plus, you get all the other good vitamins that are in fruit.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

Dr. Oz is not a credible source of information. Raspberry ketones are a great example of this. NONE of the scientific research out there supports his claims about raspberry ketones. As a nutrition science major, I've read it myself. He clearly has not. So why is he recommending them if he hasn't read any supporting evidence for them? I can only conclude that it is because he is sponsored by the companies that sell these products. Proof that he is a crock right there.
  • jjshulou
    Options

Dr. Oz is not a credible source of information. Raspberry ketones are a great example of this. NONE of the scientific research out there supports his claims about raspberry ketones. As a nutrition science major, I've read it myself. He clearly has not. So why is he recommending them if he hasn't read any supporting evidence for them? I can only conclude that it is because he is sponsored by the companies that sell these products. Proof that he is a crock right there.

Thank you...see, I think a response like that is what people are looking for when they ask a question on this site. We are curious and have no idea, that is why we are asking. We're not looking for sarcastic remarks, just information. I appreciate your response and explanation.
  • Loribikes
    Loribikes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Let's just answer the questions with criticizing or making jokes. She asked an honest question and wanted an honest answer. We all are in this boat together trying to do whatever we can to reach our goals and feel successful. This should be a safe place to ask a question without ridicule. If you don't agree with RK then just say so and state the reason. Good luck to everyone!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Dr. Oz was a cardiac surgeon before his fame. Fun fact, he got an MBA along with his MD. He is more a businessman than a nutritionist.
  • bellanaomi84
    Options
    I don't need advisors how I spend money. Just yes or no good. That's it. Thanks to the people who did share valid info. This blog has gone to far. Im done.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do anything. It's literally a waste of money. And of course your doctor will most likely say "Oh that's fine" Because he's a doctor and he knows weight loss is good, but doesn't care about if it's healthy or not as long as you lose weight.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Just forget it! Ill find what answers else where.

You've already started 3 threads on this topic. I beg to differ.
This discussion has been closed.