Banking points for drinks tomorrow?

aly23999
aly23999 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
From exercising today I still have 1400 calories.. I don't plan on using all of them between dinner and a few drinks tonite.... if I don't use all the calories, do you think I'd be able to use the rest for a few drinks tomorrow? I'm just not sure if I can squeeze in a workout tomorrow, busy day... let me know what you think!

Replies

• Sure why not? I think our bodies need calories more the day after a hard workout. When I was running marathons I always did that. The day after I'd take a rest day (from exercise) but my caloric totals would be higher to refuel from the previous day's workout. What matters is you burn more than you consume.... look at it from a weekly perspective and just keep track. You earned it, enjoy yourself!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Thanks for asking my question for me :) I was just wondering the same thing! CHEERS!
  • yay! okay awesome :)
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Hate me now, or hate yourself later.

For those who weren't aware.

Alcohol slows down your metabolism. I understand alot of people like to cut calories and think they have lots to spare so they are ok to have a few drinks. Doesn't matter if it's beer, coolers, wine, or straight vodka. All still alcohol.

Quote from healthly lifestyle website.
    Alcohol provides empty calories. No nutritional benefit is derived from alcohol. Alcohol is 7 calories per gram, which is almost as high as fat in caloric content. In addition alcohol temporarily slows down the metabolism. The effect of this is that less fat is burned (lower BMR). Generally, high fat foods are consumed with alcohol, which makes matters worse. Also, alcohol inhibits the liver from metabolizing fat. As you can see any weight loss programs has to exclude alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.