sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Only eat vegetables and fruit......

oh and some tuna or chicken :)

that should do it!
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I like using zucchini as a carb substitute-- I saw someone else posted it as a pasta substitute in lasagne, and I totally agree. There are a lot of great recipes using zucchini-- try www.skinnytaste.com

good luck!
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you like sea veggies, look for sheets of nori. Replace bread and tortillas with it. Got a great low carb chicken salad recipe? Wrap it up in a sheet of nori and chow down. (-:

If you're trying to cut back but not eliminate entirely, consider quinoa. I've replaced pasta and rice with quinoa, and I don't miss the former two.

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/glossary/g/whatisquinoa.htm

Also, the lady who writes theworldaccordingtoeggface.com uses sliced onions or julienned zucchini as a pasta substitute.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2012/07/lotsa-love-for-leftovers-5.html
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like using zucchini as a carb substitute-- I saw someone else posted it as a pasta substitute in lasagne, and I totally agree. There are a lot of great recipes using zucchini-- try www.skinnytaste.com

good luck!

^^This^^. I love zucchini in place of pasta in most of my tomato-based dishes. I saute it in a little olive oil and garlice, then add some tomato sauce and a little cheese. Simple and delicious.

I have a sweet tooth, so I try to save my carbs for my frozen yogurt and other sweet treats. I don't fret about fruit and veggie carbs as much as I do refined carbs.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I use cauliflower whizzed up in place of rice or cous cous.

sheets peeled off leeks can be used as lasagne sheets. and use quorn instead of mince to make a low cal/low carb lasagne.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    have yet to try the lettuce leaf sandwich I just don't know what to put in them!!

Whatever you put on a regular one! I've been doing turkey, bacon (if I have it), havarti, and tomato, with just a smear of bacon ranch. Even with the higher cal ingredients, you can have a LOT more, because you aren't 'paying' for bread.
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking thread.

[Ketogenic Dieter]

How do you bookmark a thread?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Just post something in reply, then it'll be on your "My Topics" list.

Many people just type "bump".
  • elenabrodet
    elenabrodet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks for the nori, see weed wrap idea, I will buy some next time I go shopping.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I 'bread' things with ground almonds instead. It makes AWESOME chicken or veal cutlets for parmesan! I have never tried pork rinds, sounds nasty! lol
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    spag squash strings do i buy these? ive never heard of tjem before but like the sound of it. thank you so much for the other ideas too.

You buy a spaghetti squash, poke holes in it, and roast or microwave it. Cut it open, and run a fork over the flesh and it strings naturally.