Wow, just wow

Options
I am (I think justifiably) proud of my 40 lb. weight loss. I took the time in the last 12 hours to read a couple of threads and wow! There are a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight! I am super impressed with what I've seen reported here.

It seems to me that there is no one way to lose weight that works for everyone and there is no one method that is guaranteed to fail. People need to be disciplined, have support, and be willing to erase at least part of their lifestyle that got them overweight or obese in the first place.

We all know that it is extremely difficult to keep the weight off and as I near my first sub-goal, the most important thing for me is to build habits that will be healthy and aid me in at first slowly losing more weight and then maintaining a heathy weight and lifestyle.

Replies

• mattsdad1961
    mattsdad1961 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! 40 pounds since July is an amazing amout of weight! Wishing you continued success.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I agree with all you said. From my heaviest point in 2009 til now, I have lost 45 lbs. I hope to lose 10 more. In the past I have lost and never been able to keep it off. I hope this site will help me maintain as I have never been able to before. I think the big difference for me will be my new dedication to exercise and logging my meals. Good luck on your journey!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the great work:)
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with all you said. From my heaviest point in 2009 til now, I have lost 45 lbs. I hope to lose 10 more. In the past I have lost and never been able to keep it off. I hope this site will help me maintain as I have never been able to before. I think the big difference for me will be my new dedication to exercise and logging my meals. Good luck on your journey!

This is my goal too :happy:
  • Squiggs67
    Options
    Your post is inspirational and motivational. Thank you for sharing your positive insights and your spectacular accomplishment.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good on you!!
    xx
  • jenni765
    Options
    Keep up the great work. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!