Dr Oz 48 hour Cleanse

Options
Hi All!
I'm just starting and want to really see some progress! Was wondering if anyone has tried a cleanse before a diet? And do you think it benefits dieting or doesn't really make a difference? I'm planning on doing the 48 hour Dr Oz cleanse this coming weekend, not to lose weight from it (which it doesn't say will happen anyways) but really to jumpstart my system and get out the junk that has been building up.. Any thoughts?

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think cleanses like that are a waste of time and are more likely to do you harm than good.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You don't need to "jumpstart your system." Your body is perfectly equipped to function without pointless cleanses.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Anything little you do now will make absolutely no effect on your body and health in one year from now (or a month, for that matter). The only way to make real changes is to adopt a healthy lifestyle, which includes both eating right and exercising right. The effects of doing something for 48 hours will be gone within a week after you did it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Start with a Lifestyle change those tend to work so much better than diets and cleanses.... Best of Luck
  • rocsings
    Options
    Hey there & Happy Saturday!! I wanted to share this with you ... I think the cleanse is awesome and I think that if it were me I'd be motivated by both reasons 1) a good way to get rid of the bad, 2) the jumpstart that adds motivation. With that said, the only thing I believe you should change is the use of the word "diet" ... personally I have lost a total of 45 lbs since the beginning of this year. 35 of the loss came after joining this site and using everything the site had to offer from the tools to the pals. I am not sure what your goal is or why you want to lose weight. But if this is for a better you .. and not to get in a special dress ... stop using the word "diet" and replace it with lifestyle change. I'm sure I've giving you way more than you asked for (SMILE) but cleansing is good when not abused!! I take equate vegetable laxatives a couple times a week. Normally four before bed and by morning ... I'm GOOD!!

Whatever works for you, just do it! Happy weight loss & I raise my glass to your efforts to be the best you can be .... take care!